What happened to the Nesdev phpBB theme?!?!

Found an issue with the phpBB system here at NESdev? Use this forum to report problems.

Moderator: Moderators

Ice Man

Re: What happened to the Nesdev phpBB theme?!?!

Post by Ice Man »

Any chance to update the site logo at least? The black background really doesn't fit with the themes at all.

Attached one with transparent background.
Attachments
site_logo.png
site_logo.png (1.96 KiB) Viewed 8846 times
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

Just for contrast - the other way to solve this is tweaking the CSS. I have this

Code: Select all

.headerbar { background-color: black !important; }
in my Stylus rules for the forum here.

(Actually, I turn a bunch of other things black as well, but that's the subset that fixes the logo)
Banshaku

Post by Banshaku »

I miss the old color style. For me, after all those years, this doesn't look like the nesdev site anymore and I have a hard time with that. Links,I can adjust to location but the colors is what gave it charms.

Now it's like if I'm reading some random forum and my interest in dwindling. That's how much I liked the older color. Maybe I'm in the minority but that's how I feel. Same thing if tomorrow all of the sudden sms power would change color style, that would be a shock too.
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

We could swap most of the color theme back by changing two rules in dark.css:

html, body, .wrap, .panel-container .panel, .navigation .active-subsection a, .navigation a:hover, .cp-mini, .codebox, blockquote, blockquote blockquote blockquote, .attachbox, .message-box textarea, .phpbb_alert, select, .minitabs a:hover, .minitabs .activetab > a, .minitabs .activetab > a:hover, .cp-main .pm, .bg3 .topicreview .bg2, .bg3 .topicreview .bg1 {
background-color: #171b24black !important;
}

and

.headerbar, .navbar, .forabg, .forumbg, li.row, .bg1, .bg2, .bg3, .tabs .activetab > a, .tabs a:hover, ul.cplist, .panel, blockquote blockquote, .dropdown .dropdown-contents, .jumpbox-cat-link, .jumpbox-sub-link, .jumpbox-forum-link, .cp-main .message-box textarea {
background: #242a36#333355 !important;
}

There's a lot more tweaking that could be done, but those are the biggest impacts by screen area.
Ice Man

Post by Ice Man »

Why overcomplicate things when just the logo can be exchanged and new themes can be added?