Looks like NESCartDB is down (again)...

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

dink

Re: Looks like NESCartDB is down (again)...

Post by dink »

regarding: https://nescartdb.com/

brizzo!! you da man!! :D
Fisher

Post by Fisher »

That's great!!
Thanks brizzo!! :beer:
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

I see that some things are missing from the mirror, such as alternate entries for games, and lots of PCB scans.
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
brizzo
Site Admin

Post by brizzo »

Dwedit wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:22 pm I see that some things are missing from the mirror, such as alternate entries for games, and lots of PCB scans.
All the alternate profiles are present, I had not added the "group by" option back to advanced search. It is now there and you are able to search the alternate profiles.

Can you give some examples of pcb scans that are missing? There are currently 8206 pcb scans linked to profiles.
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

"Super Mario Bros." has no PCB scan.
https://nescartdb.com/profile/view/270

And when I said "Alternate profile", I actually meant "different dump". That's when you have the same game, a different picture of the PCB, different manufacturers for the chips, may or may not be a different revision. These are the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7... links seen at the top of pages on the original bootgod website.

For example, "Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt" ( https://nescartdb.com/profile/view/10 ) had many different variations. Some had glob tops, some had actual chips. Right now, only the Glob Top version is visible.
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
Xkeeper

Post by Xkeeper »

I'm still waiting to hear back about the actual site data.
dink

Post by dink »

wasn't there an option on the bootgod site to click on the pcb to get a higher resolution version?
brizzo
Site Admin

Post by brizzo »

Dwedit wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:45 am "Super Mario Bros." has no PCB scan.
https://nescartdb.com/profile/view/270
Profile 270 has 'pcb front' scan, but not the back. Same when I check archive.org (and there isnt pcb back defined in the html source)
Dwedit wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:45 am And when I said "Alternate profile", I actually meant "different dump". That's when you have the same game, a different picture of the PCB, different manufacturers for the chips, may or may not be a different revision. These are the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7... links seen at the top of pages on the original bootgod website.

For example, "Super Mario Bros / Duck Hunt" ( https://nescartdb.com/profile/view/10 ) had many different variations. Some had glob tops, some had actual chips. Right now, only the Glob Top version is visible.
I understand, they were accessible through search. There was some complexities and edge cases to parse the 'more profiles' and 'related profiles' from the static html files, but that has now been completed and the boxes added back to the profile pages.
dink wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:53 pm wasn't there an option on the bootgod site to click on the pcb to get a higher resolution version?
Indeed. This has been added now. Trying to limit exactly how much functionality I re-create at this time as I could spend hours of time today restoring another feature to have BootGod bring his site back online tomorrow.
Controllerhead

Post by Controllerhead »

BootGod wrote: » Someone make me a damn logo! :)
I made a damn logo! :)

Mockup: (Pixels should be accurate)
tepples

Post by tepples »

Today a question came up in a Discord server, and I realized I couldn't find a way to search by ROM size, whether total, total PRG, total CHR, or any particular ROM chip.
brizzo
Site Admin

Post by brizzo »

tepples wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:29 pm Today a question came up in a Discord server, and I realized I couldn't find a way to search by ROM size, whether total, total PRG, total CHR, or any particular ROM chip.
Had some time today to restore the ability to search by rom/cart size, along with many other fields and features under advanced search :)
krzysiobal

Post by krzysiobal »

Sumething is wrong here:
Attachments
p2.PNG
p1.PNG
brizzo
Site Admin

Post by brizzo »

krzysiobal wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:31 am Sumething is wrong here:
Thanks for the bug report, this has been fixed :)
Kapow

Post by Kapow »

Dunno if this is the best place to report this, but I noticed the Japanese release of Kung Fu (HVC-KF) is missing and not listed on the missing page.
muramasa

Post by muramasa »

Looks to be back up.