Repro snes Cartridge

A place that you can discuss reproduction of classic titles or "licensed-for-reproduction" homebrew for personal use.

Moderators: B00daW, Moderators

Forum rules
1. NO BLATANT PIRACY. This includes reproducing homebrew less than 10 years old, with the exception of free software.
2. No advertising your reproductions, with the exception of free software.
3. Be nice. See RFC 1855 if you aren't sure what this means.
Luckaosts

Repro snes Cartridge

Post by Luckaosts »

hello, i'm new to the group and i'm having difficulties to elaborate my rescheduled snes projects, i'm currently using memory 29l3211, but i can't find any pcb project to make the games, could someone help me?
lidnariq

Re: Repro snes Cartridge

Post by lidnariq »

Don't use a low-voltage part like that one (29L) without adding voltage translation.

1- the SNES won't reliably receive 3.3V as logic high
2- attaching a 3.3V part without voltage translation will damage the 5V SNES and the ROM.

For down-translation, from the address and control lines to the ROM, you can use almost anything - voltage dividers, voltage clamps like the GTL2000, active translation like the 7416245. For up-translation, from the ROM's data bus to the SNES, you need some active translation.
Luckaosts

Post by Luckaosts »

i have used an original pcb adapter, it has a 3.3v voltage regulator and a 104 capacitor, i wanted to find a pcb project that could do both lo-rom and hi-rom in the same way
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

Yeah, don't use those without extra parts for voltage translation. They're bad for the ROM on the adapter board and bad for the SNES.
Luckaosts

Post by Luckaosts »

so i'm brazilian and i don't have much knowledge of making a snes pcb project from scratch, i would like to know if anyone has a project that they want to share
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

Here's another user's verbose writeup: https://thepoorstudenthobbyist.com/2017 ... cartridge/