Butt Pirates of the High Seas (NSF music)

The Membler Industries, Strangulation Games, and Strangulation Records forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Jedi QuestMaster

Butt Pirates of the High Seas (NSF music)

Post by Jedi QuestMaster »

So I just decided I wanted to listen to some Ass-Raping Pirates On the High Seas again, and the link doesn't work: http://www.parodius.com/~memblers/AssRa ... ghSeas.zip

I clicked on a bunch of other links on this page, and they're all fine: https://nesdev.com/2A03/

And before you guys say, "Just replace www.parodius.com/~memblers with nesdev.com/2A03" I already tried that! It didn't work. :cry:
freem

Re: Butt Pirates of the High Seas

Post by freem »

I managed to find a copy on this page: https://modland.ziphoid.com/pub/modules ... %20Dildox/
Jedi QuestMaster

Post by Jedi QuestMaster »

Awesome. Thank you! Glad to know this piece of history is preserved. :lol:
Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers »

Truly a classic. :lol: Some little-known fun facts about it:
  • The song was originally made in FastTracker 2 by my friend Drew. I made that Nerdtracker 2 version and maybe falsified the author field in that NSF, depending on perspective I guess. He did make Nerdtracker and Famitracker stuff by himself too (fun stuff, also pretty much unreleased).
  • I'm pretty sure it used to be listed right on top of Zophar's Domain NSF archive in the early days. Amazing.
  • There are something like 20+!!! sequels and remixes to the original song, all made in FastTracker 2. Mostly by me, and almost entirely unreleased except a few audio CD-Rs and cassettes. A couple of my tracks had NES versions that made it into my Chipography NSF.
  • Someone from the internet sent in a couple amazing songs inspired by it (done in FT2 in NES-style, but the notes go too low for the NES to play it).
How such a strange track inspired so much stuff, I don't know. For audio masochists, I've attached one of the remix versions. Which is kind of like a medley of some of them, combined with variations on the original. It will be rough to listen to. Includes excepts from classics such as:
Ass-Raping Pirates Battling the Royal Navy
Ass-Raping Pirates Playing Handheld LCD Games
Ass-Raping Pirates in Their Secret Laboratory
Attachments
XX10-SIV.XM
may be hard to listen to. interpolation off, or it sounds wrong! (made in 2000-2001)
(104.79 KiB) Downloaded 515 times
Papercats

Post by Papercats »

Im here for arpoths too.
What up memblers!?
Also, do you still have ass-raping Vikings on the high seas anywhere? It was a sequel I made in the early aughts. I think I sent it to drew.
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

Also called "ARPOTHS" (the initials)
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers »

Papercats wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:44 am Im here for arpoths too.
What up memblers!?
Also, do you still have ass-raping Vikings on the high seas anywhere? It was a sequel I made in the early aughts. I think I sent it to drew.
Hey man, it's been a while! I do have that. There was another XM with it, both are really fun tracks.

I was meaning to contact you sometime, IIRC you also made stuff in Nerdtracker 2. Sometime I was going to put out a compilation of every NED file I can find. I could be remembering wrong, but the ones I have attributed to you are covers of Land of Confusion (loc.ned), No Quarter (nq.ned), and f.ned (I'm not sure if that's a cover or original). My old emails are gone, but I do have files from back then. If there's any chance you have more, let me know and I'll add them into the archive (which will be released sometime.. there's 1,340 NED files in this thing so far!)
Attachments
extravirgin.xm
(8.28 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
_a-rvoths_.xm
(479.96 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
Gilbert

Post by Gilbert »

Hehe as I don't follow the VGM scene and have never heard of this, everytime I saw the title of this topic I thought it was another of those SPAM messages, so I usually just ignored it and clicked 'mark all read'.

Somehow I found it never being removed by mods and continued to receive replies made me curious to finally decide to see what happened. :oops:
tepples

Re: Butt Pirates of the High Seas (NSF music)

Post by tepples »

I extended the title a bit to reduce the chance that it'll be confused with spam.
Papercats

Post by Papercats »

Any update on that compilation? I’m way back into it! Curious to see what f.ned was. God bless you for your stewardship.
juan reina

Post by juan reina »

@Memblers I'm wondering the same. I run an open directory for chiptune music and as I can't use twitter as the accessibility is going downhill, I'd thought I'd ask here about the compilation as it really interests me as well!
Visit the chiptune and chipmusic opendirectory at https://chiparchive.com/files/
Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers »

Thanks for the reminder again. I forgot what I needed to do, which was locate a few missing files, which was on archive.org, luckily. And write up some documentation. But I've done it. It's here. Too large to attach to the forum post (5.65MB).

https://membler-industries.com/nes/NED_V2_0.zip (updated 10-20-23)

Would be great if I could get more NED files from anyone, to add into the archive. There's more of them out there.
juan reina

Post by juan reina »

I'm with you @Memblers. There has to be more .ned files out there!
Although Google doesn't look to help, I will now go on a quest to see if I can find anything! Look what you made me do! :)
This happeneds all the time with chiptune and chipmusic formats, I will look for days on end just to find something that may or may not be lost. As an archivist and preserver of this kind of music this makes me happy, so much thanks for posting!
Visit the chiptune and chipmusic opendirectory at https://chiparchive.com/files/
creaothceann

Post by creaothceann »

Windows detected a trojan, is that a known false positive?

"file: C:\Users\<user name>\Downloads\NED_V1_0\NT2_98_01\NEW_NT2.ZIP
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/th ... 2147772963
My current setup:
Super Famicom ("2/1/3" SNS-CPU-GPM-02) → SCART → OSSC → StarTech USB3HDCAP → AmaRecTV 3.10
Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers »

I updated it already, at the link above. Added another 50 NEDs that I forgotten to merge in. And updated the readme.txt. I'll just start a new thread about it, if I have time this weekend. Those with known full collections in there so far are chibi-tech, Rob Bryant, and myself.
creaothceann wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:00 pm
Windows detected a trojan, is that a known false positive?

"file: C:\Users\<user name>\Downloads\NED_V1_0\NT2_98_01\NEW_NT2.ZIP
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/th ... 2147772963
Running it through virustotal shows no complaints. When I downloaded nt2-sdl-v1.0.zip though, Chrome gave me "this file isn't commonly downloaded" message (not a peep about the v1.1 and osx versions though).