Broken User Database

Found an issue with the phpBB system here at NESdev? Use this forum to report problems.

Moderator: Moderators

nocash

Broken User Database

Post by nocash »

The forum's currently broken user database was already mentioned here: http://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php? ... 45#p275026 - I am just starting a separate thread for it...

About 50% of the user accounts seem to be lost: When looking at recent topics, one can still see the usernames of the thread starters, but the user accounts for half of that thread starters appear to be lost.
All posts from that people seem to be also lost (or maybe they do still exist, but are hidden due to the missing user database entries).
In the current state, it would be almost better to close the forum and to add a redirect to the internet archive (which doesn't seem to contain all pages for all threads though).

The good news is that WhoaMan's user account says "Last active: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:49 pm (UTC+01:00)"... if that isn't also a database error... I hope we will soon get some info about what is broken and what can be repaired.

I hope everyone is fine in real life!
homepage - patreon - you can think of a bit as a bottle that is either half full or half empty
Hamtaro126

Re: Broken User Database

Post by Hamtaro126 »

First the russian spammers, and now this? This is outrageous!!! :x

NESDEV is now totally destroyed, Happy now?

R.I.P

Edit: Backlash is not directed at anyone, but at the general look, It bums me out to see this forum die out!!!
AKA SmilyMZX/AtariHacker.
Gilbert

Post by Gilbert »

At least I don't see any new spam topics thereafter. :roll:

Maybe the forum is too borked such that either:
  1. the spammers did create new topics but they never showed up, or
  2. the member registration is no longer functional, so no new spammer can sign up.
:?
Fiskbit

Post by Fiskbit »

Posts from missing users still exist and can be viewed using the stale user ID. For example, here are rainwarrior's posts: http://forums.nesdev.com/search.php?aut ... 5&sr=posts
nin-kuuku

Post by nin-kuuku »

They are in better place now. Their memory will live forever. But we survivors must not turn on each other in this post-apocalyptic NESdev. I'm already eating dogfood and drinking my own piss...