Apple II dev

Discussion of development of software for any "obsolete" computer or video game system. See the WSdev wiki and ObscureDev wiki for more information on certain platforms.
tepples

Apple II dev

Post by tepples »

Where do people developing new programs for Apple II computers hang out? Forum? Discord? IRC?
Attachments
If I were to make Yet Another Magic Floor Port for Apple II, it'd probably look like this
If I were to make Yet Another Magic Floor Port for Apple II, it'd probably look like this
Gilbert

Re: Apple II dev

Post by Gilbert »

I did make some stuff for Apple ][, but I don't hang out anywhere.
Great Hierophant

Post by Great Hierophant »

Apple2Infinitum Slack is a relatively lively place.
rainwarrior

Post by rainwarrior »

I've been working on a cc65-based framework library for Apple II development, though it still needs a few more things before I'd call it release-ready.

https://github.com/bbbradsmith/apple2flat

My main frustration with the existing cc65 Apple II platform libraries is that they require DOS (taking up a ton of memory and disk space, not to mention Apple DOS' confusing memory map), and also favour development for the enhanced IIe (65C02) rather than the more common 6502 versions of the system. Every time I found a program someone had written in cc65, it wouldn't run on my IIe. :S

Trying to get all the basic needs for games... input, sound, text, graphics, disk storage, tape storage. Support for both C and assembly projects. Simple and unencumbered memory footprint (giving up DOS and its filesystem helps here). Compatibility across the various models (II/II+/IIe/eIIe/IIC/III/IIGS). Take-what-you-need library.