Atari FlashBack NES roms

Discuss technical or other issues relating to programming the Nintendo Entertainment System, Famicom, or compatible systems. See the NESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

tokumaru

Re: Atari FlashBack NES roms

Post by tokumaru »

shadash wrote:(check out bubbyboys posts)
For a while I was actually looking for a user named "bubbyboys", until I realized that "b" is right beside "n" on the keyboard and that there was an apostrophe missing.
shadash

Post by shadash »

Sorry I'm so new I just learned how to type.

Either way though it looks like bunnyboy wired up the Intellivision NOAC to a real 72 pin cartridge board then dumped the ROMs like you would with a real cart.
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

Are these reprogrammed games well done? We're used to seeing so much crap from unlicensed developers that I don't know what to expect from these Flashback consoles. Are the games faithful to the originals they're based on or can you easily catch differences in gameplay?
psycopathicteen

Post by psycopathicteen »

I'm surprised how clear that one guy's NTSC set is.
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

Adventure is totally wrong. Since I've rewritten the game in flash, and have tested that version a lot, I can easily catch the differences.
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
sdm

Post by sdm »

Attachments
atarines.jpg
miguelmanez0107

Post by miguelmanez0107 »

20 games of atari ports develope of Nice Code Software
ZReport

Post by ZReport »

Whoever created that Flashback cart used dumps they found and slapped it together, I think.
aquasnake

Post by aquasnake »

krzybal0krzybal0 (141)
100% positive feedback
Items for saleContact
保存
Based in 波兰, krzybal0 has been an eBay member since 2019-01-07

i know who made this cart :P
Mcin

Post by Mcin »

Hi, I need to dump^H^H^H^Hbump, as I'm looking for an irrefutable proof that Nice Code did those Flashback remakes for NOAC. The common belief that they are the real creators comes from bootleg games wiki entry, which is nice, although based on strong clues, not hard evidence.

So, the question is, do we have a proof that Nice Code did these ports or if we don't who did them and what evidence do we have to back up a claim?

Same goes for Intellivision Power Play consoles, released as a NOAC by Techno Source. there MIGHT, and very likely were done by the same company, and they are believed to be done by Nice Code for the same reasons, but again, no proof.

Also, If one has any trace or any person to contact, I'd be glad for any news. I tried contacting former Digital Eclipse, Blaze, Legacy Engineering Group, DC-Studios and Blue Sky Rangers members. unfortunately, the two people who could have known the most, namely Curt Vendell and Keith Robinson have already passed.

two topics I already tried to poke to get intel:
https://forums.atariage.com/topic/34106 ... nes-review
http://bootleg.games/BGC_Forum/index.php?topic=3085

Also, If one culd help me to get acces to nesbbs forum, that as well would be of much help.
Mcin

Post by Mcin »

From what I found it seems like two of the atari 2600 games ported to noac were never dumped. These are centipede (2600 version) and Missile Command (no, the rom that is online is different recreation). Both are available on basic fun 10-in-1 joystick, which is common and cheap... but shipping to europe + vat is not.

Would one of the forum members be willing to try to dump these, I can obtain one and send to your address. Sample auctions below:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/285756412239
https://www.ebay.com/itm/304626062400

Else, if these games are already dumped and I cannot find them - please let me know.