Downtime earlier today

Found an issue with the phpBB system here at NESdev? Use this forum to report problems.

Moderator: Moderators

Dwedit

Downtime earlier today

Post by Dwedit »

There was a bit of downtime earlier today.
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
brizzo
Site Admin

Re: Downtime earlier today

Post by brizzo »

There was no down time today.

We do not have full control of the nesdev.COM domain, which was down yesterday and not forwarding to nesdev.ORG
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-05-16 230934.jpg
Fiskbit

Post by Fiskbit »

Dwedit: Was this a one-time thing? How long did it last? Any chance you know roughly when it was?

I didn't notice any issues on the server as late as about 3 PM pacific. In addition to server logs, brizzo also uses a service to track uptime and it didn't see notice anything. It might have been something with your connection, though I do appreciate the report in case there's something wrong on our side!
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

At various times that day, (I don't remember exact times, but it was throughout the day), there were times when loading the nesdev forums failed, including trying to refresh the page. The failure resulted in a stock browser error page about it being unable to load the page, so no error pages were being served by the server or anything like that. Other sites loaded fine though. It could have been anything, including the ISP's connection.
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!