Does this meet the standard of quality for NES music in 2022?

Discuss NSF files, FamiTracker, MML tools, or anything else related to NES music.

Moderator: Moderators

HammondEggs

Does this meet the standard of quality for NES music in 2022?

Post by HammondEggs »

Hello!
I've been using chiptrackers like FamiTracker for a couple of years, primarily to make music for personal projects that never ended up getting finished.

So with that said, in conjunction with the fact that I'm admittedly uncertain about the quality of the music I write (despite making music for a while, I've been too insecure to ask for second opinions), I've included an NSF file containing several songs in the hopes that someone more cognizant than myself can let me know if any of them meet the standard of quality for what could be considered professional NES music in 2022.

Compiled Song List.nsf
(36.13 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

If they do, I'd be happy to provide music for any homebrew project free of charge, because in all honesty, I'd just like to have my work included in something that may actually see the light of day.

Any advice/opinions would be highly appreciated. Apologies if I've made any grammatical errors on this topic, or if anything I've written could be seen as stupid or extraneous.
calima

Re: Does this meet the standard of quality for NES music in 2022?

Post by calima »

They're quite good. The only comment I have is that most of them are very busy (meaning both very fast tempo and busy melodies). This makes them a bit unsuited for game bg music, they take too much attention, bg music is not supposed to be the #1 thing you're focusing on.
nesrocks

Post by nesrocks »

I think the songs are very good. European style for sure.
https://twitter.com/bitinkstudios <- Follow me on twitter! Thanks!
https://www.patreon.com/bitinkstudios <- Support me on Patreon!
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

Song #10 is basically pachelbel's canon, but slightly not.
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!