REVERSE Engineering [ KID Dracula ] VRC4e Mapper 23

Discuss hardware-related topics, such as development cartridges, CopyNES, PowerPak, EPROMs, or whatever.

Moderator: Moderators

darleiv

REVERSE Engineering [ KID Dracula ] VRC4e Mapper 23

Post by darleiv »

here is one of my reverse engine made on top of the famous VRCx :beer: :D
kid_dracula (5).JPG
kid_dracula (4).jpg
kid_dracula (3).JPG
kid_dracula (2).jpg
konami-VRC4 LAY6x.rar
(69.37 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
Last edited by darleiv on Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:11 am, edited 6 times in total.
darleiv

Re: REVERSE Engine [ KID Dracula ] VRC4 FULL

Post by darleiv »

more pics
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 The Manhattan Project.jpg
Racer Mini Yonku.jpg
Racer Mini Yonku front.jpg
Racer Mini Yonku back.jpg
Parodius Da!.jpg
org

Re: REVERSE Engine [ KID Dracula ] VRC4

Post by org »

Cool! Do you want to reverse these two monsters? :) (Madara VRC6, Lagrangepoint VRC7)?
I'm going to unsolder the components, I can do PCB scans for you on the scanner.

PS. Please change the name of the topic to REVERSE Engineering, because I thought at first it was some kind of engine from Kid Dracula :)
Attachments
IMG_7214.jpg
IMG_7218.jpg
darleiv

Post by darleiv »

org wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:11 am Cool! Do you want to reverse these two monsters? :) (Madara VRC6, Lagrangepoint VRC7)?
I'm going to unsolder the components, I can do PCB scans for you on the scanner.

PS. Please change the name of the topic to REVERSE Engineering, because I thought at first it was some kind of engine from Kid Dracula :)
I don't just reverse engineer I also create the board compatible with the chips
60p-NES-KONAMI.png
I just won't post. because it's piracy
if you can get good photos at 600 dpi I can do it
have to be aligned like the stars
HERE more one viewtopic.php?t=23863
darleiv

Re: REVERSE Enginer [ KID Dracula ] VRC4

Post by darleiv »

01-VRC2-60P TWIN-BEE.png
VRC2A
01-VRC2-60P TWIN-BEE2.png
Pokun

Post by Pokun »

darleiv wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:08 pm I just won't post. because it's piracy
Recreating and sharing PCBs for things where the patent has long run out is not piracy nor is it disallowed. On the contrary it helps people repairing old things and helps in avoiding to resort to cannibalize donor boards when creating new things.
aquasnake

Post by aquasnake »

It is also possible to make a copy of the Mona Lisa's smile, which is becoming more and more oxidized and discolored, but it cannot be forged as an original or even as a commercial act

It can be used commercially if printed materials rather than collectibles are marked as plane figure
Pokun

Post by Pokun »

Yeah if it's made too look as close as possible to the original it's a forgery and definitely a serious matter. But this seems to be a clear reproduction with no similarities to the original so I don't see any problems with it. It must of course be used with cartridge shells that also clearly looks like repros though since that's what buyers are gonna see.
org

Post by org »

I unsoldered all the components, when I get to the scanner I will make you scans of the board.

The whole PCB pr0n can be found here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... BMu7ZLcTaC
No motives were stated in the topic :) I thought you were doing this just to restore and preserve the line of VRC pcb's.
darleiv

Post by darleiv »

org wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:51 am
I unsoldered all the components, when I get to the scanner I will make you scans of the board.

The whole PCB pr0n can be found here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... BMu7ZLcTaC
No motives were stated in the topic :) I thought you were doing this just to restore and preserve the line of VRC pcb's.
I make my own games from any console. I don't like to pay for them. prices are unfair. exactly this link reverse engine is because I want to make twinbe3- think of a fanatic for all twin-be and bomberman .
preservation would be to recreate the console with open source. doesn't exist yet.
really i would do the madara. I'm interested in putting a multigame on this board on a new pcb
i bought one from japan recently
How do you disassemble the chips? 0 the fantastic this
280974465_2099168270245104_2173226160935650711_n.jpg
Last edited by darleiv on Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:21 am, edited 4 times in total.
darleiv

Post by darleiv »

aquasnake wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:53 am It is also possible to make a copy of the Mona Lisa's smile, which is becoming more and more oxidized and discolored, but it cannot be forged as an original or even as a commercial act

It can be used commercially if printed materials rather than collectibles are marked as plane figure
snake you are angry with the chinese. we can't with them. in addition to piracy they sell games at 5 usd.
darleiv

Post by darleiv »

Pokun wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:21 am Yeah if it's made too look as close as possible to the original it's a forgery and definitely a serious matter. But this seems to be a clear reproduction with no similarities to the original so I don't see any problems with it. It must of course be used with cartridge shells that also clearly looks like repros though since that's what buyers are gonna see.
:D Nintendo and its affiliates' patents on game brands are all active. so it's not good to play with it.
Pokun

Post by Pokun »

Copyright and trademarks on things like the game code and brand names are still in effect (so selling games with unauthorized ROMs are obviously illegal), not the hardware patents on the Famicom. Forgeries (replicating the exact look and feel) are still illegal though.

I guess the Dracula-kun image on the silkscreen may be considered copyright infringement.
darleiv

Post by darleiv »

Pokun wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:09 am Copyright and trademarks on things like the game code and brand names are still in effect (so selling games with unauthorized ROMs are obviously illegal), not the hardware patents on the Famicom. Forgeries (replicating the exact look and feel) are still illegal though.

I guess the Dracula-kun image on the silkscreen may be considered copyright infringement.
yes that's why this project is not posted here just lay6
so it's merely a photo of something
org

Re: REVERSE Engineering [ KID Dracula ] VRC4e Mapper 23

Post by org »

How do you disassemble the chips? 0 the fantastic this
See here: https://github.com/ogamespec/breaks-ext ... /extra2.md