An issue regarding a custom code

Discuss technical or other issues relating to programming the Nintendo Entertainment System, Famicom, or compatible systems. See the NESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Timaeus

Re: An issue regarding a custom code

Post by Timaeus »

Thanks to Kuja, the glitch is gone. Thank you very much!!

Also, thanks guys for the attention and the replies. I will try to look it up on how to set NES3ASM soon. Hopefully, this will be better than hex editing. We will see. Thanks again :D
Pokun

Post by Pokun »

Tons faster. NES3ASM doesn't exist though.
You mean ASM6 or possibly NESASM.
kuja killer

Post by kuja killer »

yea, the 2nd link for "nes asm 3.1" - i think i called is the "nes asm 3" myself cause well..i dont know i forgot.
i personally actually use a specifc one found on a japanese website -- "v2.51 + autozp beta3" - cause the version 3 doesnt have that auto zero page thing.
Pokun

Post by Pokun »

Yeah well, NESASM3 is a fork of the original MagicKit version, and is a bit buggy. You are probably better off with the one that comes with HuC, which is an actively improved version that lets you overflow the 8 kB bank restriction, errors out correctly in many cases, supports things like <, > and ^ for low, high and bank directives, illegal opcodes and nameless labels. Download the latest HuC and grab nesasm.exe from the "bin" directory there or grab pceas.exe and rename it to "nesasm.exe".

I normally prefer ASM6 though.