Does everyone still use Winamp for VGM?

Discuss NSF files, FamiTracker, MML tools, or anything else related to NES music.

Moderator: Moderators

Drag

Re: Does everyone still use Winamp for VGM?

Post by Drag »

You're perfectly fine! I do the exact same thing when I'm driving to/from work and want to listen to a game soundtrack; it's much easier to open YT and find a playlist that way. That and when I'm away from my usual machine (like at work for example).

Hmm... droidsound? I've never thought about an android solution for emulated music, but it makes sense that an ecosystem exists. :P
RushJet1

Post by RushJet1 »

I mostly use WinAmp (2.95) + NotSoFatso. If that can't play something (non-60hz or certain expansions) then I use NSFPlay. I'm on Windows 10.
JPEG

Post by JPEG »

Hi, sorry for necroposting :) Maybe not everyone knows. Winamp has been developed as a modification of the classic version 5.66. WACUP - It is free and modern
TmEE

Post by TmEE »

I switched to XMplay years ago and never looked back at Winamp again. All the Winamp plugins I used previously work properly in it too, in addition to native plugins of which there are plenty of too ~
Drag

Post by Drag »

As a 2022 update, I'm still using my same Winamp loadout as I mentioned way back in 2018, on v5.666 build 3516, but I've also been listening to random soundtracks on Zophar and on VGMRips for arcade and other stuff I can't find on Zophar. If I really like something, I'll download the files and keep them for Winamp.
I've also been using DeepSID for listening to SID files, since I remember the SID players for Winamp have historically been buggy and crashy.
JPEG wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:21 amWinamp has been developed as a modification of the classic version 5.66. WACUP - It is free and modern
I swear I've heard of this before, but I've completely forgotten about it. I think I'll try this out the next time I need to install Winamp, so thanks for reminding me. :D
Yave Yu

Post by Yave Yu »

I never used WinAMP, just heard it... I use Foobar2000 for playing chiptune, NSF just use NSFPlay.