Contributing to nescartdb?

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

hughhh

Contributing to nescartdb?

Post by hughhh »

Heya, new guy here

Turns out I'm sitting on a couple Canadian carts that are listed in the "missing" section of nescartdb. They're common carts and almost certain to be identical to the US carts (except for the cart ID on the label), but it's summer and I need something to fight the boredom :)

It seems that the method for submitting new content went down with the original bootgod servers and the instructions weren't updated on the current mirror. Are submissions still being accepted even for low-value content like my totally-not-rare Canadian carts?

Thanks!
Fiskbit

Re: Contributing to nescartdb?

Post by Fiskbit »

The nescartdb.com mirror is currently just read-only; the entire site was been built from scratch based on a scrape of the original, so nothing related to the old submission system is present in it. We definitely want to accept submissions, but it's going to take brizzo spending time developing a new submission system.

Please, definitely add this stuff when the site allows it; this material is really useful, and I have a lot to add, as well. Unfortunately, I don't have a time frame for when we'll have this functionality.
Ben Boldt

Post by Ben Boldt »

Is there a place we could put it for now? I would hate to miss out on something. Maybe upload your photos, etc, to this thread and when/if the time comes, one of us could add it all to nescartdb.
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

Please do upload things to this thread!
Fisher

Post by Fisher »

Here is my small contribution:

Famicom Doubutsu Seitai Zukan! Katte ni Shirokuma: Mori o Sukue no Maki!
Attachments
Cartridge Back
Cartridge Back
PCB Component Side
PCB Component Side
Cartridge Front
Cartridge Front
PCB Solder Side
PCB Solder Side