VS System coin acknowledge

Discuss emulation of the Nintendo Entertainment System and Famicom.

Moderator: Moderators

Zepper
Formerly Fx3

Re: VS System coin acknowledge

Post by Zepper »

"You don't know" because (AFAIK) you didn't mention *use controller 2*.

*shrugs*
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

Zepper wrote:"You don't know" because (AFAIK) you didn't mention *use controller 2*.
I sure did:
lidnariq wrote:Are you using controller "2" ($4017), by which the VS system means 1? Most of the emulators I've used don't seem to bother to switch the two inputs.
kmg

Post by kmg »

Pardon the necro bump, but this seemed like it might be a good spot to revisit the watchdog info.

The wiki info about the watchdog was gleaned directly from the MDS-02-CPU schematics? According to this recent exchange (https://forums.arcade-museum.com/thread ... ng.508565/) it looks like this is something that depends on the board revision. joe3693 confirms that the watchdog does not reset the MDS-04-CPU board when the Sub side is unpopulated. Perhaps the later revisions allow kicking the dog via either side's $4017, or...?
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

Yes, derived from the leaked MDS-02 schematic, and tested against whatever mainboards Memblers and lupin3rd have.

It's too bad I haven't found particularly good pictures of the various MDS mainboards - we don't have any indication of what they've changed.