Sam's Journey · Now Available For Pre-Order!

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

tokumaru

Re: Sam's Journey · A new NES game in the making

Post by tokumaru »

rox_midge wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:48 pmOn the other hand, lots of really awesome games have really crappy box art, so if that's the final art, it will be in excellent company on the shelf!
That's true. It's not like the box or a screen you see for a couple of seconds before playing will affect an otherwise awesome game in any significant way. But still, consistency is something I'm obsessed with, so I figured I'd point it out. Sam doesn't have eyelashes, irises, nostrils, ear lobes, ear canals... so why the hell does he have tendons, finger joints and fingernails? It's like the artist tried too hard because he wasn't comfortable drawing hands, when IMO even Powerpuff Girls-like stumps would've fit the style better.

Just to be clear, I do not mean to bring any negativity to the topic, this is intended as a bit of constructive criticism. I'm constantly blown away by the quality of the game itself whenever a new video is shared!
Knights of Bytes

Post by Knights of Bytes »

Hi there, NesDev community.

What if two different 8-bit systems played the same song? Just for the fun of it, we took the Forest tune of Sam's Journey and put the C64's SID output on the left channel and the NES' APU output on the right. The unique characteristics of both chips complement each other really well.
Enjoy our little symphony! Just click to play:

Sam's Journey (C64/NES) · "Two Chips - One Song!" · C64's SID and NES' APU playing a tune together

Stay tuned for more updates! :)

Chester
Knights of Bytes
Knights of Bytes · New Games for Classic Computers and Consoles
Website · Facebook · Twitter · YouTube
Knights of Bytes

Hi there, NesDev community.

It's been a while since our last update on Sam, but that doesn't mean we've been idle! The game took a huge step towards its release and we are very happy to present you another video.

This time, some fiery creatures await Disco Sam in the sky, but thanks to his signature twist, he can delay his fall gently and stomp them precisely!

Please click the preview picture below to watch the video on YouTube:

Sam's Journey (NES) · Sneak Peek #5 · "A Twist In The Sky"

We intend to post more frequently in the future. And in addition to screenshots and videos, we really hope to get a bit more physical soon! :)

Chester
Knights of Bytes
GoogieToons

Post by GoogieToons »

Now that's gangsta, this one will be on my radar. :mrgreen:
Oziphantom

Post by Oziphantom »

dink

Post by dink »

Wow congrats on the release!!
Will you, at some point, be offering a digital version?
Knights of Bytes

Sam's Journey Now Open For Pre-Order!

Hello NesDev community,

we were just about to post the news, but it looks like Oziphantom was faster! ;-)

Yes, it's true:

We are very happy to announce that Sam's Journey on the NES is now open for pre-order! :D

Choose between the cool Standard Edition or the even cooler, but limited Ultimate Edition! There's also a Famicom Edition, so you can play Sam's Journey on your Famicom without an adapter!

1.jpg
Sam's Journey Standard Edition Box

2.jpg
Sam's Journey Standard Edition Content

The game will be distributed by retro publisher poly.play who are based in the EU, but ship internationally.
You can visit their online shop and browse the editions. The soundtrack of the game is available as well, on CD, MC, and LP!

Why a pre-order?

We decided against a Kickstarter because the game has already been developed. But we need a rough idea about the amount of units to be produced. The first batch, however, is already in the making, so the early bird catches the worm!
dink wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:13 am Wow congrats on the release!!
Will you, at some point, be offering a digital version?
Thank you vey much! :) Yes, we're going to offer a digital download as well. We intend to make it available when the first physical editions are ready to ship.

If you have any further questions about Sam's Journey on the NES, please don't hesitate to ask.

Chester
Knights of Bytes
Svambo

Re: Sam's Journey · Now Available For Pre-Order!

Post by Svambo »

They offer a digital download as well now...
... and there is a release trailer on youtube

(how do i embed youtube videos here?)