Disch has passed away

Discuss emulation of the Nintendo Entertainment System and Famicom.

Moderator: Moderators

B00daW

Re: Disch has passed away

Post by B00daW »

I may be remembering some things wrong, but I used to enjoy hanging out with him in #romhacking on EsperNet in the early 2000's. At times he would help with NESten mapper DLLs. He was a level-headed guy that enjoyed helping people and knew how to keep himself interested and not overwhelmed by his passions and hobbies.

This is sad news. I hope his family are doing well. We love you, Disch.
blargg

Post by blargg »

I just saw this mentioned in the recent thread about byuu. This is very sad to learn of. Disch was a nice guy and wrote some good tutorials about emulation, and the source code for his emulator was interesting and clean. I remember all the sharing of ideas for how to handle things over the years. You think people will be around many years later to talk about old times. You're focused on technical things but don't realize how much the people mean to you at the time.
Ben Boldt

Post by Ben Boldt »

This is very sad news. I worked with him on his Final Fantasy Namco-163 audio hack. He had commented that his time was less available as he was going to go to college. So I had suspected he was a young man based on that. I wonder what happened to him.
Anes

Post by Anes »

Thanks to him i could make my emulator.

He was very comprensive and helped me a very lot. I remember things like throwing all my emu code to him once and hi discoverd where it was bad.

Fuck, what a fuking new.
I can't belive it.
ANes
No Carrier

Post by No Carrier »

Wow, sorry to hear. RIP <3
Zoldark

Post by Zoldark »

What, No way not Disch, he was the authority on iNES Mappers and such, everybody probably thought we were enemies because we had bumped heads a few times on RHDN and we even got banned from there once temporarily for our misconduct in a heated discussion, but I considered him as a very dear friend. This is very sad news.

I always messaged him when I had something for Submission I wasn't sure about, and he would give his honest opinion as he would say what he really thought about it without holding anything back, and that was something that I really respected. I can't believe I hadn't seen this sooner I sure will miss him a lot but he certainly won't be forgotten..

A lot my early submissions from back when I was first starting out as a Romhacker, would never seen the light of day if he hadn't checked them out first and pointed out what I did wrong.

He was the only living person besides me who has seen my own iNES Mappers Document, but I had agreed with him that I shouldn't submit it, although I have been working on expanding it for quite awhile. I guess I'll have to stick by the last honest opinion he gave me on it and respect his advice to not release it,.. :(
Don't buy FamicomNes games WillyNilly Check the Mapper first
https://www.nesdev.org/wiki/Mapper
https://nescartdb.com/
I feel like I said something wrong even if I didn't I don't know for sure and I always feel bad about it.