my sound has stopped working with famitone?

Discuss technical or other issues relating to programming the Nintendo Entertainment System, Famicom, or compatible systems. See the NESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

iamooos

my sound has stopped working with famitone?

Post by iamooos »

i was using the libraries of neslib by shiru and my sound worked fine exporting out of famistudio and interpreted by famitone2. there was 0 issue besides the volume control being non existent.
but i transitioned over to nesdoug's version that has no SPRID (sprite id) and works better for me almost for everything, but the sound is now broken.

i have a cc65 exported .s music file from famistudio. but when i try to play it with doug frake's version of neslib it only plays garbage noises.

i haven't been able to figure out why, but i don't think it is famitone2, cause i copied the same famitone2.s library that was working before and now it's not playing correctly, song0 now doesn't play anything and song 1 is a mess of noises. and it never even goes quiet either, it's progressively louder and more unpleasant as time passes
Dwedit

Re: my sound has stopped working with famitone?

Post by Dwedit »

Ram address conflict for variables?
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
iamooos

Post by iamooos »

thanks for the reply!

i don't really know enough about it, but what you said SOUNDS right!!

at any rate it provides a lead i can follow, maybe i will try to find out what has changed, i was hoping someone would tell me it's a known issue with an easy fix.... or tell me to export with a different software/format.

but i have to do a deep dive then? then i might have to make my rom with no sound cause this hinders all my plans for a long time.

this really stinks, i hope its not as big a deal as it sounds to me right now
iamooos

Post by iamooos »

i fixed it,

not too sure how, i think the include path was wrong somehow?

but then i am not sure why it made any sounds at all, garbled or not!

it's still a mystery :D