Trouble Dumping My Huge Multicart Games

Discuss hardware-related topics, such as development cartridges, CopyNES, PowerPak, EPROMs, or whatever.

Moderator: Moderators

Zoldark

Trouble Dumping My Huge Multicart Games

Post by Zoldark »

I came across a big problem I have several carts that are MMC3 clones and I know that they use Mapper 268 as that is what the dumped versions use but the problem is they all have 32,768kb of PRG-ROM and while I can get the MMC3 Script to dump the Full Menu of My Games on a MMC3 Mapper with 512kb of PRG such as Mapper 176 seems to work for one game and Mapper 4 worked for another one but it only shows the menu and no games work.

Anyway I can't figure out how to increase any of my scripts to dump 32,768kb of PRG-ROM. How can you do it? Or is it even Possible?

As iNES 1.0 only supports 4080kb at max for PRG-ROM.

Another problem is the existing dumps of the games only work on the Emulator NintendulatorNRS and not on FCEUX or Mesen, and I don't know of any other Mapper that a Mapper 268 game can work as I tried changing it to 176 using the iNes 2.0 settings as FCEUX supports that Mapper but even with the same settings as Mapper 268 with 32,768kb of PRG-ROM the games still won't run on Mapper 176 even for the existing dump, just the Menu works and then it will crash FCEUX. Also the Mapper 176 version wouldn't work on NIntendulatorNRS either it only worked in FCEUX.

Incase you are wondering one the games is called PocketGames 150-in-1, but I have several others that use the same hardware that are like Coolboy 400in1 Real Game, Coolbaby 500in1, Mindkids, etc.. And I am very likely to get some more very soon. Like I just ordered a PocketGames 218in1 cart. That hasn't been dumped yet, AFAIK..

Is it possible to dump such huge games with a Kazzo or INLRetro Program-Dumper or do I need some other Hardware?

Please Help..
Don't buy FamicomNes games WillyNilly Check the Mapper first
https://www.nesdev.org/wiki/Mapper
https://nescartdb.com/
I feel like I said something wrong even if I didn't I don't know for sure and I always feel bad about it.
NewRisingSun

Re: Trouble Dumping My Huge Multicart Games

Post by NewRisingSun »

Libretro-fceumm will support all known variants of mapper 176 and 268, just like NintendulatorNRS. If a mapper 176 ROM file works in FCEUX but not NintendulatorNRS, try changing the submapper to 1 or 2.

You will not be able to dump these games with a Kazzo or INL-Retro, as such dumping devices do not provide sufficiently accurate signal timing to prevent the cartridges' reset detector from resetting the cartridge while you are dumping. Only CopyNES (including CopyNES Mini for Analogue NT Mini) and Tengu are known to produce good dumps of mapper 176 and 268 multicarts. I don't know about that "Sanni" device that suddenly seems to pop up everywhere.
Zoldark

Post by Zoldark »

NewRisingSun wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:38 am Libretro-fceumm will support all known variants of mapper 176 and 268, just like NintendulatorNRS. If a mapper 176 ROM file works in FCEUX but not NintendulatorNRS, try changing the submapper to 1 or 2.

You will not be able to dump these games with a Kazzo or INL-Retro, as such dumping devices do not provide sufficiently accurate signal timing to prevent the cartridges' reset detector from resetting the cartridge while you are dumping. Only CopyNES (including CopyNES Mini for Analogue NT Mini) and Tengu are known to produce good dumps of mapper 176 and 268 multicarts. I don't know about that "Sanni" device that suddenly seems to pop up everywhere.
That is good to know, Thank you.. And just now my FCEUX Ver. 2.6.4 on my Mac works with the Mapper 268 ROM except that when I open it in the Header Editor FCEUX reports that the Game has 0kb of PRG-ROM, but the Menu loads and all the games work fully, in NintedulatorNRS it shows the Correct Header and it is still set to sub mapper 0. On Windows I am still using Ver. 2.3.4 of FCEUX, I need to update it.

So I need to get a CopyNES or send my games over to someone who has one those, what about the Retro Blaster could it work?

https://retrostage.net/?product=retrobl ... rammer-2-0

They are temporarily closed right now though til November 7th.

The CopyNES seems like the way to go though, I probably need the complete conversion so I'll have to buy a NES Front Loader first I guess.
I feel like I said something wrong even if I didn't I don't know for sure and I always feel bad about it.
zoinknoise

Post by zoinknoise »

Zoldark wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:51 am Incase you are wondering one the games is called PocketGames 150-in-1, but I have several others that use the same hardware that are like Coolboy 400in1 Real Game, Coolbaby 500in1, Mindkids, etc..
most of those multicarts seem to have already been dumped. are you dumping alternate versions?

just doing a quick search on my own files, i found the following:

Code: Select all

138-in-1 CoolBaby (CoolBoy RS-5, PCB060-10009011V1.3)(Unl)[!].unif
CoolBoy 400-in-1 (Unl)[U][!].unif
CoolBoy 400-in-1 Real Game (Alt Verison).unif
CoolBoy 400-in-1 Real Game.unif
COOLBOY MIRROR.unif
PocketGames 150-in-1(CoolBoy,Unl)[U][!][p1].unif
PocketGames 150-in-1(CoolBoy) (Unl)[U][!].unif
Super Game 143-in-1 (The Best Games Of NES)(Mindkids)(Unl).unif
if you Google "NonGoodNES" you should be able to find these files.
Zoldark

Post by Zoldark »

zoinknoise wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:17 am
Zoldark wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:51 am Incase you are wondering one the games is called PocketGames 150-in-1, but I have several others that use the same hardware that are like Coolboy 400in1 Real Game, Coolbaby 500in1, Mindkids, etc..
most of those multicarts seem to have already been dumped. are you dumping alternate versions?

just doing a quick search on my own files, i found the following:

Code: Select all

138-in-1 CoolBaby (CoolBoy RS-5, PCB060-10009011V1.3)(Unl)[!].unif
CoolBoy 400-in-1 (Unl)[U][!].unif
CoolBoy 400-in-1 Real Game (Alt Verison).unif
CoolBoy 400-in-1 Real Game.unif
COOLBOY MIRROR.unif
PocketGames 150-in-1(CoolBoy,Unl)[U][!][p1].unif
PocketGames 150-in-1(CoolBoy) (Unl)[U][!].unif
Super Game 143-in-1 (The Best Games Of NES)(Mindkids)(Unl).unif
if you Google "NonGoodNES" you should be able to find these files.

No alternative versions, but It does seem that I have at least two that haven't been dumped AFAIK one that is called CoolBaby 500 in 1 and another one I just got the other day that is called Classic 400 in 1 or I just haven't found them yet, I did find 5 of them when searching for NES 2.0, that PocketGames 150-in-1, CoolBoy 400-in-1, CoolBoy 198-in-1, Classic 500-in-1 "it had a Chinese Name instead Classic" and that Super Game 143-in-1 that I just ordered. Then I have another one that is just called 132 in 1 that hasn't been dumped but I don't think it uses the same hardware as it is kind of strange when I tried dumping it any script I used on it that had CHR-ROM would return a Error saying that the data was all FF and wouldn't dump the game but Scripts lacking CHR-ROM would dump it but I couldn't get any workable dump out of it not even one that shows the Menu. The 132 in 1 cart came bundled with one my Famicom Clone Systems called FC Compact.

Also I just ordered the PocketGames 218-in-1 cart, a Super Game 320-in-1, that Super Game 143-in-1, and a Super Games 450-in-1 I think I found it too but as I haven't gotten my carts yet I don't know if it is the same game. The PocketGames 218-in-1 and Super Game 320-in-1 I couldn't find, so I don't know if they have been dumped yet.

I haven't tried searching for NonGoodNES yet though, Thanks for the suggestion.
Zoldark

Post by Zoldark »

I hate to double post but thought I would update this after I did a lot of searching I found the PocketGames 218 in 1 it was dumped as Coolboy 218 in 1 Real Game, I guess because it reads 218 in 1 Real Game on the games Menu or at least my cart does, I also found my Coolbaby 500 in 1 it was dumped as Super Games 500 in 1 the only difference is my Cart has Coolbaby 500 in 1 on the Games Menu instead of just 500 in 1 and for game number 28 Robocop 3 my Cart has the Nes game called Angel, I swear when I first got mine it had Robocop 3 there too, but now it doesn't so mine is an Alternative version I guess, And I found my Classic 400 in 1 that actually has 402 games it is dumped as Super 402 in 1 or Coolboy 402 in 1 but both of those have the same totally different menu then what my Cart has although they all 3 have the same games in order. My 143 in 1 exist as the dump (HKMK-143) Super Game 143-in-1.nes and not the Super Game 143-in-1꞉ The Best Games of NES that version has more games in English. Apparently, I got the lame version were Final Fantasy 3 is not fully in English.

I still am unable to find my Super Games 360 in 1, and my Super Game 450 in 1 it is not the 450 in 1 93 Well game my cart has no repeat games it appears to be another CoolBoy type Cart and has a contra background menu. Then there is no 132 in 1 dump anywhere I probably need to try dumping that one, also I forgot to mention my Disney Afternoon Collection cart that has 117 games on it on the menu screen it is referred to as Cartoons Collection I haven't found it anywhere either as I don't think it has been dumped.

My 360 in 1 Cart seems to be some variation on the existing dump of the Super Game 360 in 1 but my cart has a different Menu, and all the games are arranged different plus instead of Banana Prince it has a Hack of that game called Pleasant Goat.

I just realized my Cartoon Collection has the text SuperUFO in the right corner of its Menu. I will have to search for that. Next time I'll try taking some pictures.