Pixelartist looking for partnership

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

Zolionline

Pixelartist looking for partnership

Post by Zolionline »

Hello Everyone,
For a long time I worked on NES projects mostly for compos. It was very seasonal and rare, still I managed to work on 4-5 different games/projects. As it is a hobby for me, I would like to make this more often. So I want to expand my portfolio. I'm willing to work for free as long as the project is interesting for me, and we share a common goal. I'm interested in the Nintendo consoles (Gameboy, NES, SNES), but I find some of the SEGA games appealing too. I'm looking for programmers in the first place.

I have some favorite series, I would love to work on some fan-made stuff too. Like demake Mario RPG for NES and things like that. There are a lot of games on the internet doing this kind of stuff however anybody I mentioned it run away. Strange :)

It's hard to find somebody reliable and since I'm not a programmer I don't really have space here. Is there any good place to look for something like this? Years ago I was on GameDev, but that place changed a lot during the years, and it's a whole other scene I used to know.
Last edited by Zolionline on Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
calima

Re: Pixelartist looking for partnership

Post by calima »

This is the best place really for NES and SNES. There's the gbdev.gg8.se forum for GB, but it doesn't seem very active in that sense. Sega Genesis stuff has mostly moved to discord, and doesn't seem very active either (though I'm not on there, so could be mistaken).

I've seen your thread before and your art is very high quality. So it's a bit surprising to me there hasn't been that much interest. I haven't done much personal stuff in a bit, otherwise I might have asked you - I definitely liked what I saw.

The old consoles are bit of a niche interest yeah, and programmers for them are kinda rare. Still if you want to see your work on them, I think you should keep looking.
creaothceann

Re: Pixelartist looking for partnership

Post by creaothceann »

Perhaps romhacking.net? I've not been there in a long time though.
My current setup:
Super Famicom ("2/1/3" SNS-CPU-GPM-02) → SCART → OSSC → StarTech USB3HDCAP → AmaRecTV 3.10