Gold Punch-Out Repro

A place that you can discuss reproduction of classic titles or "licensed-for-reproduction" homebrew for personal use.

Moderators: B00daW, Moderators

Forum rules
1. NO BLATANT PIRACY. This includes reproducing homebrew less than 10 years old, with the exception of free software.
2. No advertising your reproductions, with the exception of free software.
3. Be nice. See RFC 1855 if you aren't sure what this means.
Mike7599

Gold Punch-Out Repro

Post by Mike7599 »

Hi everyone. I’d like to try to make a reproduction of the gold prototype punchout famicom game for my famicom. I’ve never made a repro before so bare with me. I have a Mike Tyson famicom cartridge I’d like to use as a donor. I purchased some 27C010 eproms for the project and got a gq4x4 programmer. I thought this would be an easy first project but I have two issues hopefully someone could help with. First off, looking at the pics of the chips I see one mask rom is 28 pin and one is 32. The chips I have are both 32 pin. Will they fit next to each other? It looks really tight. (See https://nescartdb.com/profile/view/3750 ... -punch-out ) I haven’t opened my cart up yet. The other issue, if they will fit, is I can’t find a wiring diagram to match the eprom pinout to the mask rom pinouts. I want to make sure I wire it properly. Has anyone attempted this type of famicom repro? Any help would be useful, thank you!