UNROM 8 IN 1 Multicartridge

Discuss hardware-related topics, such as development cartridges, CopyNES, PowerPak, EPROMs, or whatever.

Moderator: Moderators

DevenNES

Re: UNROM 8 IN 1 Multicartridge

Post by DevenNES »

Farid.

The files are no longer hosted. Does anyone have a link to these anymore? Not sorry to bring up an old thread, this stuff is still relevant and interesting.

I did track down your website but everything is gone.
FARID

Post by FARID »

DevenNES wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:20 am Farid.

The files are no longer hosted. Does anyone have a link to these anymore? Not sorry to bring up an old thread, this stuff is still relevant and interesting.

I did track down your website but everything is gone.
Check the first post again and have fun :beer:
zoinknoise

Post by zoinknoise »

hi all, i built this multicart on a Famicom HVC-UNROM board and it worked great... now i am doing an NES-UNROM version and the only game i can choose is the first one, Rush 'n Attack. the other 7 games reset back to the menu when i choose them. i know there are differences between how the Fami and NES handle resets but i don't know enough details to trace the problem. any tips? thanks
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

Nothing special here. Make sure you've got the right pin for M2/φ2.
DevenNES

Post by DevenNES »

The soldier is in permanent god/flashing mode. Is this normal, I see no mention of it.

This seems off already.

also
zoinknoise wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:08 pm hi all, i built this multicart on a Famicom HVC-UNROM board and it worked great... now i am doing an NES-UNROM version and the only game i can choose is the first one, Rush 'n Attack. the other 7 games reset back to the menu when i choose them. i know there are differences between how the Fami and NES handle resets but i don't know enough details to trace the problem. any tips? thanks
Ditto. I am only building for NES not Famicom. no Famicom Unrom on hand

I figure it has to be the way I'm building the ROM? Wont work emulation or real hardware.

Farid you split into .prg or .bin?
crissaegrim87

Post by crissaegrim87 »

zoinknoise wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:08 pm hi all, i built this multicart on a Famicom HVC-UNROM board and it worked great... now i am doing an NES-UNROM version and the only game i can choose is the first one, Rush 'n Attack. the other 7 games reset back to the menu when i choose them. i know there are differences between how the Fami and NES handle resets but i don't know enough details to trace the problem. any tips? thanks
Hi. Im interessted too on building it in a donor famicom cart, did you have pics of the build? thanks
huuanhuynh

Post by huuanhuynh »

Update: Im sorry, It fail by H/V config.
(Tested on Mesen emulator)
(Google translate)
I tried with few games that I like. And I found out that the Gun.Smoke game has some issues with the visuals. The wanted image is missing the frame. When entering the game screen, the lower area has a color problem.
I don't know what it would be like to run on a real machine.
If it's really buggy is there any way to fix it?
Hope to get help from all of you.
Thank you.

Code: Select all

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/avexwuax93mvewlec250g/Screenshot-2023-08-03-08.29.04.png?rlkey=z069facjetcvk6hgjef9b2gz7&dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/vtos8gbw26xwv56vvrfyj/Screenshot-2023-08-03-08.29.14.png?rlkey=pyhcdv1qy6jgoj3lqsh0tvzm5&dl=0
alex117100

Post by alex117100 »

Hello. Is it possible to use a different set of games for this menu? And how can the menu be fixed in this case?