Reverse Redirect Lookup

Discussion about the site's wikis, including bugs/issues encountered.

Moderator: Moderators

jeffythedragonslayer

Reverse Redirect Lookup

Post by jeffythedragonslayer »

Is there an easy way to ask the new wiki, "What are all the wiki pages that redirect to this page I'm currently on?"

I saw a redirect to this page but don't remember where:

https://www.nesdev.org/wiki/Detect_TV_system

And I actually think it has a better title name than the redirect target. What does everyone think of switching the names around?
Fiskbit

Re: Reverse Redirect Lookup

Post by Fiskbit »

Detecting video standard

I searched for: redirect Detect TV system

Hard to be in favor of switching the names without knowing what the other name is! Either way, I don't like either of these names. I would call this page "Console region detection code" or something similar. It detects console region, and we have a similarly named page for controller reading (Controller reading code). I would consider having the page have different variants of this method, such as one not requiring NMI (I use $2002 polling in my games), and possibly even code for other region features (using joypad open bus bits to check for various console models; checking for lost time when accessing the PPU for detecting Hong Kong Famicom).
Bavi_H

Post by Bavi_H »

jeffythedragonslayer wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:20 pmIs there an easy way to ask the new wiki, "What are all the wiki pages that redirect to this page I'm currently on?"
In the left margin, you can click on "Page information", then on the next page click on "Number of redirects to this page".
jeffythedragonslayer

Post by jeffythedragonslayer »

"Page Information" happened to be on the right side on mobile. :lol: Thanks.