Is byuu/Near actually still alive?

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

WedNESday

Is byuu/Near actually still alive?

Post by WedNESday »

Individualised

Re: Is byuu/Near actually still alive?

Post by Individualised »

This forum is not the place to be posting conspiracy theories like this, this is very insensitive, regardless of your opinion on it. This entire "conspiracy" is well documented so I have trouble believing that this was posted in good faith. I think that this topic should be removed by a moderator because I don't see anything good coming out of this discussion whether you believe in this or not.

I'd also like to point out that the top comment of that video describes a severe misunderstanding of autism.
Fiskbit

Post by Fiskbit »

It's probably best to leave this subject alone. Yes, it's possible he is still alive, and if so, that's great news, but it also means he very much wants to be left alone. Either way, this is a sad story that people feel strongly about and talking about it isn't productive.

I do think it is worth saying, though, that if your participation in a community is significantly harming your mental health, then you should strongly consider just leaving that community. You shouldn't harm yourself or others, and you don't need to pretend to. Just leave and people will move on when you're old news.
WedNESday

Post by WedNESday »

I wouldn't call the video a conspiracy theory. Genuine evidence to contradict the claim (namely, the government report that no US citizen died that year in Japan) that he took is own life is presented.

If he wants to fake his own death on the internet to attain some kind of peace of mind then that's his business, of course. In fact, you could consider a smart move if it gets his enemies to leave him alone permanently.

However, as this topic demonstrates a lot of people including myself were upset at the news of his passing and I'd actually prefer to know the truth. Not that I'm saying this gives me the right to know.
Individualised

Post by Individualised »

WedNESday wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:40 pm I wouldn't call the video a conspiracy theory. Genuine evidence to contradict the claim (namely, the government report that no US citizen died that year in Japan) that he took is own life is presented.

If he wants to fake his own death on the internet to attain some kind of peace of mind then that's his business, of course. In fact, you could consider a smart move if it gets his enemies to leave him alone permanently.

However, as this topic demonstrates a lot of people including myself were upset at the news of his passing and I'd actually prefer to know the truth. Not that I'm saying this gives me the right to know.
Given the circumstances of the situation and the particular people involved this subject tends to attract more... unfriendly discussion. As Fiskbit said I think it's best to leave this subject alone.
Pokun

Post by Pokun »

Individualised wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:19 pm I'd also like to point out that the top comment of that video describes a severe misunderstanding of autism.
Yeah, and saying it's the cause of nearly all his problems seems very wrong considering that he had many other diagnoses that probably were much harder to deal with.
His comment about Japan being "a deeply xenophobic place where foreigners have a very hard time to make friends" also seems highly exaggerated. A bit xenophobic perhaps but not really worse than most other cultures, and making friends is just much easier IMHO. The part that says "He already had few friends at home so moving to Japan only isolated him further. It's clear this is what caused the most emotional instability" is not at all clear to me.
Fisher

Post by Fisher »

If it's true, I think it is good news, specially to his family, relatives and of course, to himself.
But I think it's better to leave it alone, and accept that the "virtual" Near is dead, even if the real one, whoever he is, is fine.
Hopefully one day the truth will appear.