snes PAR pics and schematic

Discussion of hardware and software development for Super NES and Super Famicom. See the SNESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
  • For making cartridges of your Super NES games, see Reproduction.
gorgyrip

snes PAR pics and schematic

Post by gorgyrip »

Maybe someone will find it useful.
Attachments
schema convertita.png
credits.jpg
04 27c256 removed.jpg
03 bottom.jpg
01 top.jpg
gorgyrip

Re: snes PAR pics and schematic

Post by gorgyrip »

And the MK3 version.
Attachments
schema.png
credits.jpg
04 bottom.jpg
02 top - chips removed.jpg
01 top.jpg
creaothceann

Post by creaothceann »

gorgyrip wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:47 pm Image
Interesting, didn't know Datel was from the UK and that the UK uses that date format.
My current setup:
Super Famicom ("2/1/3" SNS-CPU-GPM-02) → SCART → OSSC → StarTech USB3HDCAP → AmaRecTV 3.10
Individualised

Post by Individualised »

creaothceann wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:18 am
gorgyrip wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:47 pm Image
Interesting, didn't know Datel was from the UK and that the UK uses that date format.
Yes, we use the same date format as the rest of Europe. Though we usually use full stops (.) instead of slashes (/). The reason that the USA (and Canada I assume) uses MM/DD/YYYY instead of DD/MM/YYYY is because of how dates are usually pronounced in English (March 16th instead of 16th March, though even the latter is common outside of the USA).
Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers »

It's interesting, thanks for sharing. That MK3 version is only the second time I've seen a 3-layer PCB.. and the first time was in the NES PAR. The NES PAR has a couple PALs rather than an ASIC.
Pokun

Post by Pokun »

Individualised wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:18 am we use the same date format as the rest of Europe.
Sweden uses international standard (YYYY-MM-DD, largest unit to smallest) though, except whenever EU regulations requires otherwise (which is weird since the international standard ISO 8601 is also the EU standard just not followed by most EU countries).
gorgyrip

Post by gorgyrip »

Memblers wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:43 pm It's interesting, thanks for sharing. That MK3 version is only the second time I've seen a 3-layer PCB.. and the first time was in the NES PAR. The NES PAR has a couple PALs rather than an ASIC.
PAR1 also has 3 layers.
I didn't knew there was a PAR for nes until a few days ago. I hope I will find one. The last 2 sold on ebay for about 20 euro each in December from Germany. Currently there's only one on ebay for about 130 euro complete. Too much for me. I found a picture of the pcb . It has only one PAL, 2 x 27c256 (chr and prg), 8k sram, 74hc32 and 74hc74