Can I use this forum for help with repairs?

Discussion of hardware and software development for Super NES and Super Famicom. See the SNESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
  • For making cartridges of your Super NES games, see Reproduction.
Marioshroomed

Can I use this forum for help with repairs?

Post by Marioshroomed »

I got 2 snes unit's that I messed up on last year and I am trying to repair them now. I've gotten better over the last year but I still can't figure out how to fix my mistakes. I have attached a photo of one of the boards I am working on.

I changed all the caps, checked that it worked which it didn't. And I was thinking it was the big 25v 1000uf cap so I tried taking it back out to put a different one in but instead I lifted the top pad and now I haven't the slightest idea where I should attach the leg.
Attachments
20230608_182257.jpg
Ziggy587

Re: Can I use this forum for help with repairs?

Post by Ziggy587 »

What exactly was the nature of the mistake that you made? Can't tell much from a single picture. Except... What is that line stemming from C32? Is that a scratch?

Have you checked the fuse to make sure it isn't blown? In my experience, the SNES fuse blows very easily. Before working on it, you should always turn the power switch to the ON position after unplugging the AC adapter.
Marioshroomed

Re: Can I use this forum for help with repairs?

Post by Marioshroomed »

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I forgot I was even a member. I did eventually fix my snes. It and 2 others had the same problem (Besides me lifting a few pads). They all had bad D1's. Bought some new ones on digikey and replaced all 3 within 15 minutes and they all worked fine.