Can the maximum number of attachments per post (currently 5) be increased or abolished at all?

Found an issue with the phpBB system here at NESdev? Use this forum to report problems.

Moderator: Moderators

Fiskbit

Re: Can the maximum number of attachments per post (currently 5) be increased or abolished at all?

Post by Fiskbit »

We've increased the limit to 10. If it could be done on a per-user basis, we'd probably go that route, instead. We'll keep an eye on this to make sure people aren't abusing the new limit, but I expect it'll be fine.

We're still planning to switch to xenforo at some point, which I believe will change how attachments are handled and will probably give us more flexibility here.
calima

Re: Can the maximum number of attachments per post (currently 5) be increased or abolished at all?

Post by calima »

This will probably exacerbate the "crawler block" issue. Threads with lots of images already cause it for me, if each post had 10 images it would be hit possibly with just one tab.
krzysiobal

Post by krzysiobal »

Thank you. There is something wrong with uploading, especially if you choose to upload many files at once.
Is there any way of debugging what went wrong?
Attachments
fails.png
Image My website: http://krzysiobal.com | Image My NES/FC flashcart: http://krzysiocart.com
Fiskbit

Post by Fiskbit »

Thanks for the reports. We think that this file uploading issue and calima's ratelimit issue have the same root cause. brizzo dug into this tonight while doing server maintenance and was able to reproduce calima's problem, identify it, and fix it; it was not any sort of intentional configuration, but rather something misbehaving. Hopefully this also fixes krzysiobal's file upload problem, too. Please let us know if either of these continue to occur.