MMC3 at wiki

Discussion about the site's wikis, including bugs/issues encountered.

Moderator: Moderators

Banshaku

Re: MMC3 at wiki

Post by Banshaku »

Well information have value based on how well it is written and what it was trying to explain. Depending on context, it may have not have much value. In my case, I was depending too much on emulators, which is a common beginner's mistake so the information may have value to beginners. Emulator do their best to make everything work but there is no perfect emulators since we don't know the inner of everything.

So if people found value in it then it's ok. If not then oh well! Now what I would find some value is which tools would be usable on a mac but this is for a different thread (nintendulator doesn't work with one of the wine tool I found, cannot remap the keyboard and I don't know why.. I may restart to program someday with that computer I have access, if I find time). I cannot find the mac thread anymore, I think someone did once (Neilbaldwin?) but cannot find it anymore. FCEX fail on Mavericks (topic split?). I may code again soon, maybe not. just wishful thinking since my c# tools won't work on mac anyway.
tepples

Post by tepples »

[cynical]
Windows 8.1 in Parallels or Windows 8.1 in VirtualBox should be usable on a Mac.
[/cynical]
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

So it probably is worth pointing out somewhere on the wiki that the vast majority of mappers with finer banks do support banking their 8KiB of CHR RAM. Currently, the only place we call that out is on the few boards that don't (mappers 153 and 157, afaik)