Contra J repro on Batman 2?

A place that you can discuss reproduction of classic titles or "licensed-for-reproduction" homebrew for personal use.

Moderators: B00daW, Moderators

Forum rules
1. NO BLATANT PIRACY. This includes reproducing homebrew less than 10 years old, with the exception of free software.
2. No advertising your reproductions, with the exception of free software.
3. Be nice. See RFC 1855 if you aren't sure what this means.
aodinets

Re: Contra J repro on Batman 2?

Post by aodinets »

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3480&start=75#p120092
l_oliveira wrote:
aodinets wrote:There is not additional sound, I don't understand why.
You're using HACKED copy of Gimmick game (Suikan Pipe). That will NEVER work because Suikan Pipe has music program code disabled (music writes disrupt VRC chip operation).
Maybe somebody can advise? how to enable music code on my hardware without VRC conflict?
l_oliveira

Post by l_oliveira »

aodinets wrote:viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3480&start=75#p120092

Maybe somebody can advise? how to enable music code on my hardware without VRC conflict?
Not using a VRC chip is the easiest solution.

Unfortunately anything you write on the ROM region will end writting to VRC registers. Gimmick! uses a area which on FME7 and Sunsoft 5a are empty so no conflicts happen.

And anyway Suikan Pipe is a horrible hack because it has bad music anyway (VRC can't bank the DPCM region so you get bad DPCM sound).

Find a FME7, 5a or even 5b cart without sound (Some Gremilins catridges had 5b inside without using the sound part) cart to make your Gimmick! cartridge.
bg8eqb

Post by bg8eqb »

If you want to use VRC4b mode to run Gradius II RPG, you must use a chip with A17. A17-VRC4 chip's 29 PIN can work properly. I tested it!
mir2sila

Post by mir2sila »

Hello friends. Someone can help me. I want to make a Japanese one Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, as a donor I took the game Racer Mini Yonku: Japan Cup .And faced with the following problem.The game runs, but has graphic artifacts.You can help fix this.EPROM PIN 30 (CHR A17) I connected to the 28th leg of the mapper.EPROM PIN 2 (CHR A16) to 22 Mapper Leg.CE (PIN22 EPROM) on the 10th leg of the mapper.OE (PIN 24 EPROM) connected to the ground.The other pins match.I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.I use eprom W27C020