How to program a NINTENDO POWER Cartridge ?

Discussion of hardware and software development for Super NES and Super Famicom. See the SNESdev wiki for more information.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
  • For making cartridges of your Super NES games, see Reproduction.
DevenNES

Re: How to program a NINTENDO POWER Cartridge ?

Post by DevenNES »

DevenNES wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:07 pm

I have a NP Fire Emblem edition on the way.

The Freq module in the larger Sanni models I guess help with the timings on this and the BSX and SA1.

The mini SNES reader is absent the freq module, however is SUPPOSED to work via the dongles I tossed together.

I cant wait to test.

Arduino pin D5/PE3 must go to clock on cart and clock gen.. Clock gen MUST be included. it would appear to be always on. I don't quite understand why a switch is attached to Sanni cart reader.... CLK 0 switch on full size sanni does nothing? If you were to actually disable NP would not unlock.. "Stuck in Hirom power cycle cart" would keep occurring. Nilton seems to speak Portuguese in his video describing use with NP, so this is a detail I may have lost in translation.

I will be reworking the dongle D5/PE3 cart CLK to include the freq generator.

I may have to just redesign the mini snes PCB to include it.. This function is too important to leave off IMHO
Attachments
20200829_013904.jpg
jbjz

Re: How to program a NINTENDO POWER Cartridge ?

Post by jbjz »

Hello
I have been trying to program my Nintendo power cart with the games that only came out in Japan on it. It seems my current cartridge has no games installed on it. I am a total noob at programming I have read through some of this post and understood almost none of it. Wondering if anyone here has a step by step instructions on what to do, or even a YouTube video for people like me who have no coding or technical knowledge any help would be awesome thanks.