Espitene

Moderator: Moderators

na_th_an

Re: Espitene

Post by na_th_an »

Beta 7 up, solves (hopefully) the last reported glitches & bugs. Updated first post.
Denine

Post by Denine »

Just beaten newest build.
Not sure what you did with the physics, but I love it :)
Sorry, but I have two more issues to report:
1. You can loop the Zone 1, Act 1 by taking upper path(in final tunel, above end flag) and going out to the right. Not sure if it is intended.
2. When you progress a cutscene(whenever it is intro or ending) music will stop.
na_th_an

Post by na_th_an »

Glad there's only minor glitches left :) Will solve soon.

Thanks again for testing. You've been of great help.
na_th_an

Post by na_th_an »

Updated the first post with the compo entry as submitted.

Thanks for playing and good luck everyone.
pubby

Post by pubby »

It's cool!

The graphics are really gorgeous. I didn't get very far into the game, but I really liked how stage 3 looked. The waterfalls were a nice touch, and mad props to having so many stages.

The music and sound effects were nice too. I found myself humming it after I shut the game off.

The gameplay wasn't great unfortunately. It's mostly a control issue, which I'm sure you're aware of. The controls are based on Sonic but the level design isn't. The levels are slow and precise, and that clashes with the Sonic controls.

Pretty good game nevertheless. Great job. But next time improve your controls!
WhiteHat94

Post by WhiteHat94 »

Curious why you increased the horizontal maximum speed in the final version, not a big deal but it does make certain parts feel pretty different
na_th_an

Post by na_th_an »

The maximum speed got unchanged, but I received feedback by several people that it was too slippery, so I increased acceleration and decceleration, which felt right to all who had complained.
WhiteHat94

Post by WhiteHat94 »

Okay, so it's just accelerating faster now, makes sense. I could tell something was different because I was bumping into stuff I normally wouldn't when I was playing thru it
sblaise84

Post by sblaise84 »

I've been looking for the download link on the mojontwins website as well as in this thread, maybe I'm blind but I can't find it.
na_th_an

Post by na_th_an »

It's not in our site but you can download the compo version in the opening post in this thread.
sblaise84

Post by sblaise84 »

Ok i figured it out. I'm reading this on my phone and had to view the full desktop site instead of the mobile version. I couldn't see the attachment.
tepples

Post by tepples »

It has come to my attention that a reviewer believes that the music in this game sounds too similar to that of Sega and Sesame Workshop products. In particular, Wet Ruins Zone sounds like something from Sesame Street.

(Not that the opening theme from FaceBall 2000 for Super NES doesn't also sound like "Sunny Day" from Sesame Street though.)
na_th_an

Post by na_th_an »

Originally, the Labyrinth zone featured a free cover of Sunny Day (How to get to Sesame Street), but I changed it in one of the final revisions because I learned it's still copyrighted.
lancuster

Post by lancuster »

na_th_an wrote:Originally, the Labyrinth zone featured a free cover of Sunny Day (How to get to Sesame Street), but I changed it in one of the final revisions because I learned it's still copyrighted.
Hi. I will try to do some test for you. Hopefully, you'll read this before this post is no longer relevant. :D
lancuster

Post by lancuster »

Here is some movies for bugfix this game:
Espinete movies.rar
Movies for FCEUX.
(20.89 KiB) Downloaded 594 times