4 SNES demos at Revision 2019

A place where you can keep others updated about your SNES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

Molive

4 SNES demos at Revision 2019

Post by Molive »

Hello!
I recently went to the Revision 2019 demoparty, where lots of demos were released. Of all the demos, there ended up being 4 SNES demos, which I'm making a joint topic to discuss them all on.

They are:
[dl] SNES-NICCC-FX, by me. It uses the Super-FX chip to do speedy transfers of 3d data of an Atari demo at up to 25 fps. It was later totally ruined by a Megadrive demo by Titan :P

[dl] Reading in Between the Lines, by me. This is the one I needed help with in this thread. It uses the SA-1 to do software mixing of 5 channels, including a mildly compressed one which uses VBP to decompress.

[dl] The Short SNES One, by me. This was entered into the Fast Music compo, where you had to take a folder of samples and make a song in 24 hours. It uses the same code base as RiBtL.

[dl] Hello, by BinaryCounter. This is a demo by an up and coming scener, and it is their first demo. I know they read this forum, so I'd like to say that I personally think this demo has much better flow and design than my three. Even if not as technically impressive, it's much more of a "demo" in my mind. :)

Thanks for all your help guys,
Molive.
Last edited by Molive on Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
SNES demos are great
Molive

Re: 4 SNES demos at Revision 2019

Post by Molive »

SNES demos are great
dougeff

Post by dougeff »

The links of your stuff lead to a blank page with no images. Do you have a link to a picture or video?
nesdoug.com -- blog/tutorial on programming for the NES
Molive

Post by Molive »

dougeff wrote:The links of your stuff lead to a blank page with no images. Do you have a link to a picture or video?
Are you sure?
On each link there's a download link too. Under "downloads"?

EDIT: I'll add extra download links. Added.
SNES demos are great
Molive

Post by Molive »

dougeff wrote:The links of your stuff lead to a blank page with no images. Do you have a link to a picture or video?
ah, I think I may have misread this. sorry.

SNES-NICCC-FX
Reading In Between The Lines
The short SNES one
Hello
SNES demos are great
ccovell

Post by ccovell »

Good job! It's nice to hear part of the Desert Dream tunes running on the SPC!
psycopathicteen

Post by psycopathicteen »

What happened to 93143's post?

Post by 93143 »

I wasn't sure I wanted to say what was in it, so I removed it. Too late, it seems...

I shouldn't do that; this is at least the second time I've introduced a speed bump into a thread in the form of "where did 93143's post go?".

Anyway, good work on the demos, no shame in losing to Titan, it would be cool to have a SNES team on their level but I'm not sure how to get there from here and I can't help right now because I have so little free hobby time that I'm still a n00b after five years. But I do have ideas... maybe someday...
psycopathicteen

Post by psycopathicteen »

It's okay. I found some old code on my computer for a 2bpp polygon demo I made a long time ago. I can add 4bpp support for it.