Misaligned post buttons

Found an issue with the phpBB system here at NESdev? Use this forum to report problems.

Moderator: Moderators

tokumaru

Misaligned post buttons

Post by tokumaru »

I recently noticed that the layout of the 2 post buttons at the top and bottom of thread pages looks somewhat broken... I'm pretty sure they used to be side by side, but something happened and they're like this in Chrome (for Windows) now:
broken-buttons.png
I know this is a pretty minor issue, but still, it'd be nice to prevent the forum from breaking little by little. Did anyone deliberately change anything about the forum layout or could this have been caused by changes in recent Chrome versions?

The forum still uses ancient table-based techniques for its layout for the most part, so I wouldn't be surprised if some of those 90's tricks suddenly started failing.

The buttons look OK in Chrome for Android, though.
Drag

Re: Misaligned post buttons

Post by Drag »

Buttons are still side-by-side in latest version of Firefox (70.0.1), so I'd be quicker to blame some kind of recent change in Blink.

Edit: I'm going to guess that the HTML attribute nowrap="nowrap" isn't being adhered.

Edit 2: Sure enough, a quick Google search turned up one complaint that nowrap="nowrap" is broken as of Chrome 78. I don't think it's intentional, because if it were, it'd imply that the Chrome team is trying to remove support for older doctypes that aren't HTML5.