Plush in a Twisted World

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

sdm

Plush in a Twisted World

Post by sdm »

A platform game in which, avoiding the enemies chasing us, we must collect all the coins. For collecting the coin we get 10pts, a bonus item 10pts, a heart when we have a full set of 20pts (0pts when the heart is only to fill in the missing life).
Inspired by the interesting behavior of opponents in the game Gimmick !. (NESASM3)

Gameplay video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMlbBlat_Hk
Attachments
plushsnap.JPG
Last edited by sdm on Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:11 am, edited 11 times in total.
Banshaku

Re: Plush in a Twisted World

Post by Banshaku »

Always cool to see that you have some new homebrew coming out ;) Didn't have time to try it yet but will dou it later.

edit:

I decided to give it a quick spin and it's nice in general but I have a hard time to avoid the enemies :lol: Since there is no way to run with some velocity, it's hard to sometime jump on some the platform.

Still, it's has potential with a little bit more tweaking ;)
bazza

Post by bazza »

:D good game :D
Pokun

Post by Pokun »

Hehe not only behaviour but the enemies looks just like the ohagi in Gimmick! Also the cloud looks like from a Mario game thanks to the eyes. Looks good although it's small since only 8x8 characters and sprites are used.

Yeah I also had problems avoiding the ohagi, they are very good at jumping and if cornered you are pretty much defenceless.
zzo38

Post by zzo38 »

What I think should be fix is if you lose then you can start again the same level (reset the score and everything else in the level how it is when level is starting, except how many hearts you have is refilled to four), rather than game over. (Some other computer games are doing like that, too. Some also have checkpoints, but I think you should not add checkpoints; just restarted by levels instead.) Maybe, also add a time limit for each level. But other than that I think this game is good.
(Free Hero Mesh - FOSS puzzle game engine)
sdm

Post by sdm »

There is a time limit, but it is quite unusual.
lancuster

Post by lancuster »

It's not the first time I've encountered difficulty in your games. Can you make the game more playable?
Player lose too quickly in them, especially in Alien Isolation.
sdm

Post by sdm »

A few changes. 5 Levels demo.
Attachments
plusz1.jpg
plush046.nes
(128.02 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
lancuster

Post by lancuster »

sdm wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:06 am A few changes. 5 Levels demo.
It's much better this way. :D
However, there are still a couple of comments. Diamonds appear randomly, and may even appear on top of spikes.
There is no pause function (although it is possible to continue the game, thanks for that).
And here's some advice. You can use the utilities of our countryman named Shiru to facilitate your work.
I also recommend using this program:
Plush in Twisted World.png