NES Maker (for VTxx machines)

Discuss hardware-related topics, such as development cartridges, CopyNES, PowerPak, EPROMs, or whatever.

Moderator: Moderators

kelvin donna

Re: NES Maker (for VTxx machines)

Post by kelvin donna »

pascal_frigoriste wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:18 pm Thanks for your attention :)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LFpk6 ... ZVP9xxNCL2
this is my dump file.
Sp8 original is here https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32397356 ... 6c372I0hnb
on 240in1 arcade machine(2e one), bit lock is active and i don't read mémory winbond :(
buti don't know if i upload new bin in mémory
ah man, i thought it was a dump of this device:
https://www.mymemory.co.uk/blog/taikee- ... e-machine/
timschuerewegen

Post by timschuerewegen »

FYI. You can use a SOP8 test clip to read/write the SPI flash chip without desoldering it but you need to press and hold the reset button during the reading/writing.
pascal_frigoriste

Post by pascal_frigoriste »

Thanks do much. "press and hold reset " is the solution for programming :D
You are the best
kelvin donna

Post by kelvin donna »

timschuerewegen wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:36 am Here is my NES Maker software to create custom xxx-in-1 ROMs for VTxx based machines.

Download links:
V1.0.0 (initial version)
V1.1.0 (added support for SY-888B and SY-889 machines)
V1.2.1 (added support for Retro TV Games, Coolboy RS-18, FC Pocket and BittBoy machines)
V1.3.0 (added support for My Arcade Gamer V Portable Handheld machine, added various menu hacks, added game list save/load/clear buttons)
V1.4.0 (added support for Lexibook Cyber Arcade)
V1.4.1 (fixed non-working Lexibook Cyber Arcade .bin, added supported for more prg/chr size combinations)

If you select NintendulatorNRS.exe as the emulator then you can use the "Test" button to test the generated ROM.

Bonus (only for Mini/Micro Arcade Machine (240-in-1) [white])
Press and hold button A while powering on or resetting the machine to disable horizontal screen stretching.

nes_maker_1_3_0.png
we also need a version, where we can put our own menu music.
timschuerewegen

V1.5.0 (added support for My Arcade Retro Machine (200-in-1) [v2], which seems to use a different LCD)
V1.6.0 (added support for RED5 Retro Mini Arcade)

NintendulatorNRS does not (yet?) support the RED5 Retro Mini Arcade 240-in-1 menu due to missing data/code that gets loaded into RAM from somewhere. You can get it to work if you replace the 7 occurences of "20 1C 0E" (JSR $E1C) with "EA EA EA" (NOP NOP NOP) between offset $60000 and $80000.
jacaba

Post by jacaba »

I have several VTxx based machines and i would like to programm with my personal list

I have found how to dump and programm the memory, but I don´t have found almost nothing also this intereseting thread.

timschuerewegen wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:36 pm I don't have your programmer so I can't help you with that issue. I used a 3.3V modified $2 USB SPI flash programmer.
Could you tell me what that programmer is and what else I would need for the programm the memory?

Is there a tutorial how to reprogram these machines

Thanks
timschuerewegen

jacaba wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:22 amCould you tell me what that programmer is and what else I would need for the programm the memory?
I used this programmer (with a 5V -> 3.3V modification)
programmer1.jpg
this test clip
programmer2.jpg
and the "CH341A Programmer v1.4" software to dump/program the SPI flash chip.
jacaba

Post by jacaba »

timschuerewegen wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:54 pm
jacaba wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:22 amCould you tell me what that programmer is and what else I would need for the programm the memory?
I used this programmer (with a 5V -> 3.3V modification)
programmer1.jpg

this test clip
programmer2.jpg

and the "CH341A Programmer v1.4" software to dump/program the SPI flash chip.
Thanks timschuerewegen. I bought the programmer and I could dump the flash memory on this console.

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/40009189 ... 2e0e7F0vyu

I tried to use your nesmaker software. I thought that the console was a sy-888 o sy-889b, but when I flash the memory, the menu musics and games sound but the screen not working.

Later I realized that although they are very similar aesthetically, it is not the same as the sy-888 or sy-889b.

this is the dump:

https://mega.nz/file/soxhwbwL#mP5jOEhlq ... 0b3JH9uCKM
timschuerewegen

jacaba wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:05 amI tried to use your nesmaker software. I thought that the console was a sy-888 o sy-889b, but when I flash the memory, the menu musics and games sound but the screen not working.

Later I realized that although they are very similar aesthetically, it is not the same as the sy-888 or sy-889b.
V1.7.0 (added support for HKB-502, fixed BittBoy game selection arrow, fixed Lexibook Cyber Arcade test menu graphics)
jacaba

Post by jacaba »

timschuerewegen wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:19 am
jacaba wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:05 amI tried to use your nesmaker software. I thought that the console was a sy-888 o sy-889b, but when I flash the memory, the menu musics and games sound but the screen not working.

V1.7.0 (added support for HKB-502, fixed BittBoy game selection arrow, fixed Lexibook Cyber Arcade test menu graphics)
Thank you timschuerewegen, It is incredible that you have already included support for the HKB-502 so fast. I didn't know that this handheld console had this name.

I have tried to create a new image to flash the handled and the games runs but the menu is not displayed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkO6UvGdBzo
timschuerewegen

jacaba wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:18 amI have tried to create a new image to flash the handled and the games runs but the menu is not displayed.
Change the following bytes in the generated .bin file to undo my "skip chinese/english selection menu" hack and try it.

@7D68A
4C BF D6 => 20 21 CE
jacaba

Post by jacaba »

Great!!! it works!!

I am very happy to be able to customize the console.

frankly grateful!

Now, I will try to customize the rest of my handled, but those have a tsop44 and tsop56 and they will be more complicated to dump and flash
timschuerewegen

write, compile, test, repeat

first there was darkness, and then there was (back)light

https://youtu.be/DrGuZalDV2I
Mangup

Post by Mangup »

kelvin donna wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:27 am
timschuerewegen wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:36 am Here is my NES Maker software to create custom xxx-in-1 ROMs for VTxx based machines.

Download links:
V1.0.0 (initial version)
V1.2.1 (added support for Retro TV Games, Coolboy RS-18, FC Pocket and BittBoy machines)
V1.3.0 (added support for My Arcade Gamer V Portable Handheld machine, added various menu hacks, added game list save/load/clear buttons)
V1.4.1 (fixed non-working Lexibook Cyber Arcade .bin, added supported for more prg/chr size combinations)

If you select NintendulatorNRS.exe as the emulator then you can use the "Test" button to test the generated ROM.

Press and hold button A while powering on or resetting the machine to disable horizontal screen stretching.

nes_maker_1_3_0.png
sorry kelvin. You're a dork.
kelvin donna

Post by kelvin donna »

Mangup wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:55 am
kelvin donna wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:27 am

Download links:
V1.0.0 (initial version)

nes_maker_1_3_0.png
sorry kelvin. You're a dork.
Figures! It's sunday :cry: