Auditing your own word censors.

Found an issue with the phpBB system here at NESdev? Use this forum to report problems.

Moderator: Moderators

zzo38

Re: Auditing your own word censors.

Post by zzo38 »

I have seen once some forum has an option in the user setting to display messages as they are written or with the changes made. I would like to have that; I don't like these censors. (What I have seen actually also had a separate option for sending and receiving, so the sender has to disable the censor for sending and the receiver has to disable the censor for receiving, in order for it to work; the censor always affects messages viewed by users who are not logged in.)
(Free Hero Mesh - FOSS puzzle game engine)
Pokun

Re: Auditing your own word censors.

Post by Pokun »

Wouldn't that complicate communication though if not everyone sees everything the same?

Although I understand that spam is a serious problem, I'm also worried about Rainwarrior's concerns that you may loose trust in communication (communication is the whole point with a forum after all). If it only affects spammers it's not such a big problem, although it will still confuse people. Evidentially this isn't always the case, so I guess it's a balance of fending off more spammers and reducing false positives. Spam is also a problem which works against communication.