SD2SNES issue - N-Warp Daisakusen

Are you new to 6502, NES, or even programming in general? Post any of your questions here. Remember - the only dumb question is the question that remains unasked.

Moderator: Moderators

nd4534

SD2SNES issue - N-Warp Daisakusen

Post by nd4534 »

I have an unmodded US NTSC SNES and seeing freezing with N-Warp Daisakusen on my Rev-H clone SD2SNES. Would like to understand where the issue lies. Is this ROM only console compatible with PAL 50hz? Looking at ROM info from snes9x its outputting in NTSC 60hz even when Forcing PAL region so I would think my console would be compatible.

The SD2SNES seems to handle all other games without issue. Can anyone offer assistance or provide troubleshooting tips?

@d4s in case he's still around to provide input.
ndd4534

Re: SD2SNES issue - N-Warp Daisakusen

Post by ndd4534 »

d4s reached out to me and determined this was an issue with compatiblity with my 1/1/1 console. The game does run in NTSC natively. He sent me a copy of a new release.

A related issue - this game seems to have an input issue on port 2's multitap ports 3 and 4 (or 4 or 5). The directional pad mapping is behaving strangely. This is reproducible on BSNES and my console. The issue is not present on SNES9x