[SOLVED] Clone Rush n Attach famicom does not have enough text on start screen.

Trying out new BBCode features? Use this forum!
Posts in this forum are subject to deletion without prior notice.

Moderator: Moderators

Ten1hc

[SOLVED] Clone Rush n Attach famicom does not have enough text on start screen.

Post by Ten1hc »

Clone Rush n attach does not have enough text on start screen.

I dont know why, because i have compared hex data between dump file and .nes file and there are no difference.
Capture.JPG
I just see only "Kaiser 1967" as below.
Capture1.JPG
Capture3.JPG
Anyone can give me an explaintation?

I put my cartridge schematic as below
Capture4.JPG
Last edited by Ten1hc on Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Memblers
Site Admin

Re: Clone Rush n Attach famicom does not have enough text on start screen.

Post by Memblers »

It must be a mistake, as that can only be changed in the ROM. Maybe the comparison doesn't cover the full range of the ROM, or the comparison was done to the wrong file.
Ten1hc

Post by Ten1hc »

Memblers wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:22 am It must be a mistake, as that can only be changed in the ROM. Maybe the comparison doesn't cover the full range of the ROM, or the comparison was done to the wrong file.
Thank you so much for your reply.
Any mistake from hardware that you can see?
The strange thing is that i copied data from .nes and put it in rom chip.
.nes file was ok on fceux, but after test rom chip on famicom, only "Kaiser 1967" has been showed
Ten1hc

Post by Ten1hc »

Almost of UxROM that i saw on internet, at output of 7432 does not have pin control for /OE (Chip output enable).
Is this point?
Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers »

Ten1hc wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:31 am Almost of UxROM that i saw on internet, at output of 7432 does not have pin control for /OE (Chip output enable).
Is this point?
Yeah, that part is wrong. ROM /OE can be connected to ground, and the output will be controlled by /CE.

ROM's A14, A15, and A16 need to be controlled by the '161 and the '32. The signals should come out in the order of Q0 - A14, Q1 - A15, Q2 - A16. Q3 would be unused (or would be used for 256kB UOROM, there are very few games for that board though).

I'm at a loss as to why the Kaiser text would be there though.. that's really weird.
Ten1hc

Post by Ten1hc »

Memblers wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:51 am
Ten1hc wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:31 am Almost of UxROM that i saw on internet, at output of 7432 does not have pin control for /OE (Chip output enable).
Is this point?
Yeah, that part is wrong. ROM /OE can be connected to ground, and the output will be controlled by /CE.

ROM's A14, A15, and A16 need to be controlled by the '161 and the '32. The signals should come out in the order of Q0 - A14, Q1 - A15, Q2 - A16. Q3 would be unused (or would be used for 256kB UOROM, there are very few games for that board though).

I'm at a loss as to why the Kaiser text would be there though.. that's really weird.
Yes, you are right.
But after that, i have checked 1 original Dragon Quest II and relize that /OE of ROm chip has been controlled by '32 output = ((( same as my clone one.
Here is main snapshot
20200712_163024.jpg
20200712_163040.jpg
I have tried to connect ROM /OE to gnd but notthing after that
Memblers
Site Admin

Post by Memblers »

That is a 128kB mask ROM in 28 pins, it has a different pinout compared to EPROMs (128kB EPROMs are 32 pins). So they dropped the /OE pin to fit an address line, instead.
http://nesdev.com/NES%20ROM%20Pinouts.txt
Ten1hc

Post by Ten1hc »

Memblers wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:57 am That is a 128kB mask ROM in 28 pins, it has a different pinout compared to EPROMs (128kB EPROMs are 32 pins). So they dropped the /OE pin to fit an address line, instead.
http://nesdev.com/NES%20ROM%20Pinouts.txt
Ahaha!!!!!
Thank you so much :o :o :o :o :o
Now i know where is my stupid = )
I define pin A16 of mask Rom for my rom reader as /OE pin and just read data from 0000h to ffffh, after refer your list of mask ROM i have dump full data and run on fceux and can make "KAISER 1967" display.
Now i have to write data to eprom from 10000h to 1ffffh to make all text come back :D :D :D :D
Thank you for your support ! Memblers