Availability of source code column on list of known emulators

Discussion about the site's wikis, including bugs/issues encountered.

Moderator: Moderators

jarek.wolf

Availability of source code column on list of known emulators

Post by jarek.wolf »

Hi!

I'm curious about examining some source code of some existing emulator written in my favorite programming language.
Therefore I plan to do quick research to check whether there is source code available for emulators that you enlisted in the wiki, I'm also going to check what are programming languages they are written in.
That kind of information might be useful for somebody else than me.
So if I provide you such a list with such information, would you incorporate it in the wiki?
http://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/Emulators
Zepper
Formerly Fx3

Re: Availability of source code column on list of known emulators

Post by Zepper »

jarek.wolf wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:11 am Hi!

I'm curious about examining some source code of some existing emulator written in my favorite programming language.
Therefore I plan to do quick research to check whether there is source code available for emulators that you enlisted in the wiki, I'm also going to check what are programming languages they are written in.
That kind of information might be useful for somebody else than me.
So if I provide you such a list with such information, would you incorporate it in the wiki?
http://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/Emulators
1. Most of the "major" emulators are open-source, like Nintendulator, Mesen and others.
2. Your sentence is quite suspicious... "I'm curious about examining some source code of some existing emulator written in my favorite programming language". If an emulator is closed-source, sorry, it's no way available.
3. Why don't you say your favorite programming language? Is this a secret or SPAM?