Famicomstation questions.

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

Patnukem

Famicomstation questions.

Post by Patnukem »

Hi.

I recently got a Famicomstation and in the process of repairing it. I usually work on arcade machines but usually I can find a schematic to help me. Was there one in the original manual?

So far I fixed the power supply as it was outputting 14.8v instead of 5. The green light comes on but no video out that my lcd can pick up, on coax I get some white lines or black screen when it’s on depending on station and dip settings. I think the previous owner tried the old power supply with the high voltage so it’s likely this took some stuff out.

Any help appreciated, just kind of stuck at the moment on this one
Memblers
Site Admin

Re: Famicomstation questions.

Post by Memblers »

The only manuals I've seen look like one they'd leave in the hotel room for the user, there probably is a service manual somewhere though, I don't know if it's been found. I'd imagine the circuit would be pretty similar to the NES schematic though, with the extra stuff bolted on.

https://problemkaputt.de/everynes.htm#famicombox
http://kevtris.org/mappers/famicombox/
Patnukem

Post by Patnukem »

I know the famicombox and famicom station came with two books one the yellow one found on a few sits and
The service manual, full size page white book. So far I’ve only found a few photos of them. I’ve reached out to a few people to see if they would share, no luck so far.
Patnukem

Post by Patnukem »

Still looking for some help/direction fixing this guy. I fear some of the main board/games was hurt by the nearly 15v someone out into the 5v input. I was able to test the games and only some work, one was dead and the menu cart was not loading, though I don’t know if this is something that would normally work. Going to replace the transistors, diodes and other small semiconductor parts first and see where I’m at. Right now with a good cpu, ppu, power supply... I’m getting mostly black screen some artifacts and a constant hum.
Patnukem

Post by Patnukem »

Good news, it has some life. Few issues here, could use some help in tracking down. The 2nd controller seems to be stuck pressing up when plugged in, my first thought was bad controller, tried 3 with no change. Next I tested the port board and ribbon cable, I have a spare... this resulted in the same issue. This means there is an issue on the pcb. I tracked down the two chips in charge of the shift registry and replaced the one for controller two, and no change. Could this be caused by a bad clock by chance, any other idea?

Second, and less concerning, reset & game/tv buttons seem to freeze the console and it will not boot up again until a power cycle.

Thanks for any help you can provide.