The White Room | CANCELED FOR NOW | New NES game!

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

QuackCreeper

The White Room | CANCELED FOR NOW | New NES game!

Post by QuackCreeper »

WIP
New concept cover art by QuackCreeper. Inspired by Theseus.
New concept cover art by QuackCreeper. Inspired by Theseus.
THE WHITE ROOM
An all new NES puzzle game for 1-2 players.
in this game you explore a labyrinth of room each of which have a puzzle you need to solve or have clues for a puzzle
Collect all secret memories to get a true game ending

This game is still in development, I’ll post more on here as we update it
We plan to have a working demo by late 2021

UPDATE HERE
(We have stopped the development of the game as of 03/09/2021, and currently have no future plans to continue the development. I do want to make this game, but it’s just not my time to make it yet, it will be a great game, but I’ve lost my spark for now and the rest of the team isn’t putting any work into it and I’m not putting any work into it. Thanks for the support, and I’m sorry.)
Here is the story that isn’t finished

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g8f ... xVQ-M/edit

And here is our work discord, there isn’t much, but it’s something

https://discord.gg/33KsZCwcfy

- Base ideas 🟢
- concept art 🟠
- Story ideas 🟢
- Get the software 🟢
- Learn the software 🟠
- story made 🟠
- Level designs 🔴
- sprite designs 🔴
- Sprites finished 🔴
- Levels in development 🔴
- levels finished 🔴
- sound fx 🔴
- concept music 🔴
- music finished 🔴
- release demo (late 2021 hopefully) for testing 🔴
- fix bugs 🔴
- full release of game 🔴

- The Team
Graphic Artist: Theseus (Twitter: Glitches are fun)
Lead Developer: QuackCreeper (Twitter: QuackCreeper)
Musician: Mystic Shrine (Bandcamp, Apple Music and more)
Level designer: Voussaye

Update!! 01/27/2021
We now have a mucisian, Mystic Shrine. He is an amazing artist and he grew up with classic systems. We all know each other in person so that helps a lot.
More news is that the story is coming along great and I will release a snippet of the story as we have it *soon and We now have access to NES Maker for our software to start off with.
Hope everyone is having a great day, week, month, and year!
- Quack Creeper

Hope everyone has a great new year!!! 01/01/2021
I’m excited to start developing TWR (The White Room) but I need some help, me and the team are new at this and we would love some puzzle ideas and know what kind of things you would like to see.
I know there isn’t much to base it on, but nevertheless, help is always appreciated!!

Here is a story idea to keep you thinking!

The place is a lab where kids are separated from humankind and the outside world and are experimented on

From - The Team (We are still working on a group name, we could use help with that also)
Attachments
Player concept art by Theseus
Player concept art by Theseus
Development cover by Theseus
Development cover by Theseus
Last edited by QuackCreeper on Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:30 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Goose2k

Re: The White Room NES Homebrew

Post by Goose2k »

QuackCreeper wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:44 pm Musician: (to be determined)
I'd recommend talking to Tui: http://forums.nesdev.com/memberlist.php ... le&u=16350

Looking forward to seeing this progress! Not often you see a multiplayer puzzle game.
QuackCreeper

Post by QuackCreeper »

Goose2k wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:56 pm
QuackCreeper wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:44 pm Musician: (to be determined)
I'd recommend talking to Tui: http://forums.nesdev.com/memberlist.php ... le&u=16350

Looking forward to seeing this progress! Not often you see a multiplayer puzzle game.
Thanks! I'll look into it!
I have a person IRL that I know would be interested, but we still haven't done much.
QuackCreeper

Post by QuackCreeper »

Hope everyone has a great new year!!!
I’m excited to start developing TWR (The White Room) but I need some help, me and the team are new at this and we would love some puzzle ideas and know what kind of things you would like to see.
I know there isn’t much to base it on, but nevertheless, help is always appreciated!!

Here is a story idea to keep you thinking!

The place is a lab where kids are separated from humankind and the outside world and are experimented on

From - The Team (We are still working on a group name, we could use help with that also)
QuackCreeper

Post by QuackCreeper »

UPDATE!! (NOT THAT BIG)
We now have the story ideas down!! Getting the software within the next week!
We want to have some easter eggs also...
WIP
THE WHITE ROOM

- Base ideas 🟢
- concept art 🟠
- Story ideas 🟢
- Get the software 🟠
- Learn the software 🟠
- story made 🔴
- Level designs 🔴
- sprite designs 🔴
- Sprites finished 🔴
- Levels in development 🔴
- levels finished 🔴
- sound fx 🔴
- concept music 🔴
- music finished 🔴
- release demo (late 2021 hopefully) for testing 🔴
- fix bugs 🔴
- full release of game 🔴

emerson

Post by emerson »

QuackCreeper wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:48 am Here is a story idea to keep you thinking!

I started a project with a similar concept a few years back. My idea puts you as the kid (your choice between Trevor or Trina) exploring your house a week before your 9th or 10th birthday, finding clues and each day learning more about what is to happen once you 'come of age'. Depending on the items/clues found throughout the game, you are led to a few major decisions, one of which lands you in a lab similar to where your game takes place. Mine also has a 'true ending'...

The concept of collecting memories is neat. If I may, have you considered the idea of similar but slightly different items (for example a red ball vs a blue ball) skewing your memories or causing false recollection, thus influencing future decisions/endings?

I look forward to seeing what you do with your game!
QuackCreeper

Post by QuackCreeper »

I really like that idea
We are still very early on in developing the game and what we want to be in it
This is our first game and we may look for more people to join the team to help us along.

But I really do love that idea!!
Thanks!
QuackCreeper

Post by QuackCreeper »

Update!! 01/27/2021
We now have a mucisian, Mystic Shrine. He is an amazing artist and he grew up with classic systems. We all know each other in person so that helps a lot.
More news is that the story is coming along great and I will release a snippet of the story as we have it *soon and We now have access to NES Maker for our software to start off with.
Hope everyone is having a great day, week, month, and year!
- Quack Creeper