Game cases for NES cartridges?

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

oRBIT2002

Game cases for NES cartridges?

Post by oRBIT2002 »

Can anyone recommend any nice looking game-cases for NES-games? I'm not talking about protective covers but replacement boxes (that uses covers aswell). I've seen the UGC boxes but I think they look to big? The BitBox NES Game case looks pretty cool.
Anyone got any hints? Would be great if these boxes would be available for purchase in Sweden aswell. :)
Dwedit

Re: Game cases for NES cartridges?

Post by Dwedit »

So like Sega Genesis cases, but for the NES instead?
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
bngrybt

Post by bngrybt »

Haradius Zero came in a really nice feeling case from customgamecases.com, feels kind of like what a DS case would feel like if blown up to NES scale. No lip around the edge and relatively compact feeling. The dimnesions are slightly larger than a NES box, especially the thickness, but not far off.

I did a run of games using Bitboxes and although they're nice in a different way they are a bit more fragile feeling. They kind of remind me of the cases old Disney VHS movies came in. A bit larger than the other cases with a lip around the edge, but and plastic is more prone to crushing.
ironsniper1

Post by ironsniper1 »

i know this post is a little old but i figured i would post some pics of my games in the bitboxes, i use both the nes, snes and n64 bitboxes, i havent gotten all my games in bitboxes yet though, hope this helps
oRBIT2002

Post by oRBIT2002 »

Wow, that looked nice! :) Too bad there doesn't seem to be any reseller for bitboxes in Europe at all. :(
I'm looking for game cases for Famicom cartridges aswell but they seem to be really hard to find.