Bare Metal 2.0

Moderator: Moderators

M_Tee

Bare Metal 2.0

Post by M_Tee »

I helped Wendel Scardua out on this one. Will update with proper OP content later.

ROM included in the official compo download:

https://neshomebrew.ca/files/2020/Compo2020.zip
Last edited by M_Tee on Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
M_Tee

Re: Bare Metal 2.0

Post by M_Tee »

Updated OP with link to main download pack. More info on game's writeup in the included pdf. We're planning some updates between compo and cart, so feedback highly encouraged.
gauauu

Post by gauauu »

M_Tee wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:19 am Updated OP with link to main download pack. More info on game's writeup in the included pdf. We're planning some updates between compo and cart, so feedback highly encouraged.
This game was beautiful, and I enjoyed the little ASM code puzzles. But if you're looking for feedback -- the play control and physics was really difficult to get used to. Most of the challenge was fighting the engine more than solving the problems.
wendelscardua

Post by wendelscardua »

gauauu wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:35 pm This game was beautiful, and I enjoyed the little ASM code puzzles. But if you're looking for feedback -- the play control and physics was really difficult to get used to. Most of the challenge was fighting the engine more than solving the problems.
One of the things I've been tweaking is physics - adding a bit of friction to boxes, adjusting some constants, etc. Some levels will be adjusted as well. (e.g. "that" jump on level 3 was harder than it should be, I've changed the top ledge to make it easier).

Thanks for the feedback :)
zzo38

Post by zzo38 »

M_Tee wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:24 pmROM included in the official compo download:

https://neshomebrew.ca/files/2020/Compo2020.zip
A note about downloading this file: If you are using curl to download (as I always do when I want to save files from the internet to my computer), then it won't work unless you add -A '' as a command-line argument. (Some other sites require -L, although this one doesn't.)
(Free Hero Mesh - FOSS puzzle game engine)