schematic DSP-1, DSP-2, DSP-3, DSP-4

A place that you can discuss reproduction of classic titles or "licensed-for-reproduction" homebrew for personal use.

Moderators: B00daW, Moderators

Forum rules
1. NO BLATANT PIRACY. This includes reproducing homebrew less than 10 years old, with the exception of free software.
2. No advertising your reproductions, with the exception of free software.
3. Be nice. See RFC 1855 if you aren't sure what this means.
Kayumba

Re: schematic DSP-1, DSP-2, DSP-3, DSP-4

Post by Kayumba »

Fisher wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:18 am I think the eraseable windowed ones are the way to go, at least until you know exactly what an how to write it. :wink:
Do you think TL866 support them?
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

Extremely doubtful. You probably need a programmer from the era in which they were relevant ... or else to dig up the programming instructions and make it yourself.
Kayumba

Post by Kayumba »

lidnariq wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:20 pm Extremely doubtful. You probably need a programmer from the era in which they were relevant ... or else to dig up the programming instructions and make it yourself.
Seller on Ali told le that he uses « Hi-Lo All 100 » programmer.
The price of that programmer is About 1000€ !!!!!
OMG 😱

Don’t know if TL866 have that chip on his list of supported devices.
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

You can check yourself, you know... no need to ask us.
soniccd123

Post by soniccd123 »

From the official datasheet:

For programming it, 6V at VCC are necessary and the typical 12.5V to VPP. Write is controlled by CE. The operation seems to be kind fail prone as it says to verify the output maximum 25 times lol, but this chip is one of the first DSP/Microcontroller commercially available ever, I supose some shortcommings are to be expected.

I bough some chips to test, didn't knew that there were UV erasable versions, this is very nice for making repros and also a lot of other cool stuff. If anything cool comes out of this, I'll share
lidnariq

Post by lidnariq »

soniccd123 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:20 am The operation seems to be kind fail prone as it says to verify the output maximum 25 times
That's actually fairly typical for UVEPROM programming. "Push electrons in for up to X total time, see if you pushed enough in in steps of X/25"
Kayumba

Post by Kayumba »

soniccd123 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:20 am From the official datasheet:

For programming it, 6V at VCC are necessary and the typical 12.5V to VPP. Write is controlled by CE. The operation seems to be kind fail prone as it says to verify the output maximum 25 times lol, but this chip is one of the first DSP/Microcontroller commercially available ever, I supose some shortcommings are to be expected.

I bough some chips to test, didn't knew that there were UV erasable versions, this is very nice for making repros and also a lot of other cool stuff. If anything cool comes out of this, I'll share
I take a look at list of supported chips on my TL866, no upd77p25d available :(
Most be some adapters that need to use with it.
Surprise that stil no-one made it til now.