Farsi Word Processor

A place where you can keep others updated about your NES-related projects through screenshots, videos or information in general.

Moderator: Moderators

Siev

Farsi Word Processor

Post by Siev »

Hello, new member here. I recently got interested in NES development and playing around with 6502 assembly. I'm just having fun building random crap for the NES.

Here's a project I've been working on:
photo_2021-04-26_17-19-26.jpg
As you can see I got basic single line text rendering working on the NES. It automatically figures out which shape of the letter it should use depending on the letters that come before and after it. Right now it doesn't do much more other than print sentences directly from memory, but I'm hoping to include things like typing (maybe integration with the Famicom Keyboard?), automatic line wrapping, saving the documents in RAM and stuff like that.
The current version is somewhat broken, but I'll share the source code pretty soon if anyone's interested.
ccovell

Re: Farsi Word Processor

Post by ccovell »

That's kinda cool. We all got our start making random crap, out of which great things blossomed. :beer:
Pokun

Re: Farsi Word Processor

Post by Pokun »

Cool indeed. :) I made something similar (but for Latin letters) using the Famicom Keyboard. I haven't finished it yet though.