Creating a data structure.

Are you new to 6502, NES, or even programming in general? Post any of your questions here. Remember - the only dumb question is the question that remains unasked.

Moderator: Moderators

Controllerhead

Re: Creating a data structure.

Post by Controllerhead »

Pokun wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:16 pm Nope sorry, still the "msys-2.0.dll" was not found error.
I kind of figured that would be the case :?
Pokun wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:16 pm The exe is also much larger than the original one at 103 kB instead of 29 kB. Did you really add that much or is there something else wrong with the build?
I don't know why the file size is so much larger. I also noticed that.
Pokun wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:16 pm Sorry I am of little help in this matter.
Unfortunately i am out of ideas as well. I don't know C well enough to know what i am doing wrong... It works on my machine :roll:

You could try building it yourself if you have the means to do so:
https://github.com/NESblast/asm6f
calima

Post by calima »

Just a note, -march=native means the binary will fail on any cpu lower than yours. It means "set the minimum cpu to mine exactly".
Controllerhead

Post by Controllerhead »

calima wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:33 am Just a note, -march=native means the binary will fail on any cpu lower than yours.
Ah. Right. I guess that is a silly idea for distributing something.
Joe

Post by Joe »

Controllerhead wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:24 pmI don't know C well enough to know what i am doing wrong...
It sounds like you're building it inside the msys2 shell instead of the mingw32 or mingw64 shell. Each shell is associated with a specific toolchain, and the msys2 toolchain is dependent on msys2. The mingw32 and mingw64 toolchains produce native Windows binaries that only depend on one of Microsoft's C runtime libraries.

If GCC doesn't seem to work inside the mingw32 or mingw64 shell, that means you don't have the appropriate toolchain installed.