SNES bluetooth receiver

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

Nokia3310

SNES bluetooth receiver

Post by Nokia3310 »

Has anyone had a play around with one of these to make it do things beyond the compatible list of controllers? The firmware can be updated and I'm seeing that people have started various bluetooth projects on here. This thing is pretty cheap though and doesn't entail any physical modding (Ali Express look to have the best price).

I'm guessing this could be made to operate other bluetooth devices by editing the firmware. This is all beyond my repertoire of noob capabilities but I like the idea of it :lol: A mouse and arcade stick seem to be the most obvious things to have working with this but I guess there's possibility for other things. Here's some terrible ideas:
  • A bluetooth SNES power glove
  • Whack a Mole game with bluetooth hammer peripheral. Includes a box of real moles.
  • A game that receives inputs from a bluetooth heart rate monitor and a super scope. See how many aliens you can shoot while running on a real treadmill. The aliens abduct you if you don't shoot them or run away.
  • A program that receives inputs from bluetooth smoke detectors, so your SNES can let you know if your house is on fire
Seriously though, a SNES bluetooth optical mouse would be a great. I don't know how 'standard' bluetooth mice are in terms of inputs and sensitivity but I guess the answer to that depends on how widely such custom firmware would be useful to others.

8bitdo firmware update page:
https://support.8bitdo.com/firmware-updater.html