Flash Cart Losing power

Discuss hardware-related topics, such as development cartridges, CopyNES, PowerPak, EPROMs, or whatever.

Moderator: Moderators

nia_prene

Flash Cart Losing power

Post by nia_prene »

My flash cart (Everdrive N8 for my famicom) looses power whenever I change a menu or try to load a game, and gives me varying error codes, typically related to I/O problems (when I google search them, the results are typically pertaining to a bad SD card). It has been doing this since I got it, but I have kind of ignored the issue, as I can get it to load a game if I spam the button. The key thing I notice, is this problem goes away after the famicom is powered on for a while, leading me to believe it is a bad capacitor inside the famicom. Does anyone know offhand where the everdrive is drawing power?
tokumaru

Re: Flash Cart Losing power

Post by tokumaru »

Just to get something out of the way: is this a real Everdrive bought from official sources or is it a pirate clone?
calima

Post by calima »

Your console's power supply is going bad. Get a new one.
aquasnake

Post by aquasnake »

If your console is only a $20 bucks famiclone, you can't expect a low power design of using 8050 transistor as voltage dropout regulator to support the flashcart.
nia_prene

Post by nia_prene »

tokumaru wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:18 pm Just to get something out of the way: is this a real Everdrive bought from official sources or is it a pirate clone?
I got one from krikz. Sorry for the delay, notifications arent showing up I was unaware people responded.
nia_prene

Post by nia_prene »

calima wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:33 pm Your console's power supply is going bad. Get a new one.
The power supply is a third party to circumvent the power difference in America. It is definitely old, but I can tell it was designed for Famicom imports in the 90s. The power rating is the same, do you have any recommendations for a third party american to japanese famicom converter? all I find are cheap chinese ones and I don't wanna fry my famicom
nia_prene

Post by nia_prene »

aquasnake wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:20 pm If your console is only a $20 bucks famiclone, you can't expect a low power design of using 8050 transistor as voltage dropout regulator to support the flashcart.
I have an authentic famicom
calima

Post by calima »

I have ordered many from retrogamesupply.com and recommend them.