Back!

You can talk about almost anything that you want to on this board.

Moderator: Moderators

calima

Back!

Post by calima »

After five months of downtime, nesdev is back! Big thanks to the admins who got the thing back on track.
Fiskbit

Re: Back!

Post by Fiskbit »

It's been a long road with some frustrating twists and turns. :) brizzo's the real star here and has done a great job getting us set back up and in better shape than before.
Vectrex2809

Post by Vectrex2809 »

Big W for NESdev! Some of the info on here is invaluable, thanks to everyone who helped put it back online!

EDIT: Oh wow I haven't used this PFP in years, and I'm still living in my old hometown according to the site, hah!

EDIT 2: Updated, but seriously, 100x100px limit on the PFP? Now that's retro :lol:
Nioreh

Post by Nioreh »

:beer: Finally! Any story to the 5 months downtime? I hope we made sure we have admins/maintainers who we can get a hold of from now on?
tepples

Post by tepples »

As far as I'm aware, brizzo is in charge now and has remained contactable on the NESdev Discord server (whose invite is on the front of the wiki.)
Dwedit

Post by Dwedit »

Nioreh wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:25 am :beer: Finally! Any story to the 5 months downtime? I hope we made sure we have admins/maintainers who we can get a hold of from now on?
From what I understand, there was database corruption, the Users table got corrupted somehow, and users were missing from the table, and their posts became invisible as well (This even included important/admin users such as Tepples). Despite their posts still being intact in the database elsewhere.

So the Users table (or multiple tables, don't know PHPBB's database layout) had to be rebuilt. I'd guess it was from scraping the Posts table to see what usernames or user IDs needed to be created.

There was also the issue with the previous administrator being AWOL.
Here come the fortune cookies! Here come the fortune cookies! They're wearing paper hats!
Jarhmander
Formerly ~J-@D!~

Post by Jarhmander »

Aw thanks god it's back. Thanks everybody involved in the revival of the BBS.
((λ (x) (x x)) (λ (x) (x x)))
Hojo_Norem

Post by Hojo_Norem »

Glad to see NesDev come back online! I don't talk much but I was seriously beginning to miss the high quality conversation that normally goes down here.
Insert witty sig. here...
getafixx

Post by getafixx »

So glad to see that the forum is up and running again! And my sign in still worked :D
Nikku4211

Post by Nikku4211 »

Finally. By extension, this means SNESDev is back too.
I have an ASD, so empathy is not natural for me. If I hurt you, I apologise.
TmEE

Post by TmEE »

It has been so long, I am happy this place has returned ~
Shonumi

Post by Shonumi »

Wonderful news! I'm very glad to have this place back up. Really missed all the technical discussions around here.
KungFuFurby

Post by KungFuFurby »

My own account was a causality of the previous corruption. Being able to log back in after all this time (thanks to a Discord server where I didn't disable an everyone ping) is quite a lovely sight. Interestingly, I had tapered off in activity prior to the corruption.

A very special thanks to those behind the scenes that handled all of these repairs in the first place. :D
samophlange

Post by samophlange »

It great to see this forum back in action! Thanks to all the people who worked to get this resource back online! :beer:
Alyosha_TAS

Post by Alyosha_TAS »

Hurray the forums are back! Thanks for the work admin folks.