MMC1C

Discuss hardware-related topics, such as development cartridges, CopyNES, PowerPak, EPROMs, or whatever.

Moderator: Moderators

kmg

MMC1C

Post by kmg »

Does this chip really exist? Or is this just a very prolonged bit of confusion due to the fact that there happens to be an MMC3C? There are zero instances of this supposed revision in BootGod's db nor have I ever seen physical evidence otherwise. If it exists when was this revision issued and what boards is it found on?
Memblers
Site Admin

Re: MMC1C

Post by Memblers »

I don't remember seeing it myself, I believe kevtris documented that. I'd been to his house around the time he made CopyNES and RE'd a lot of mappers, official or bootleg stuff, he had seen a lot of stuff. Today I asked him about it, he's sure about it existing, was surprised there wasn't a picture of it, he doesn't remember which game had it, but he thought it was one of the really late NES releases. If it's a cart that he still has, maybe we'll hear back about it.

I suppose it's possible it could be some older game that was being reprinted, in that case it potentially could be any MMC1 game that was still being sold at the end of the NES years.