Difficulty logging in while using 4G

Found an issue with the phpBB system here at NESdev? Use this forum to report problems.

Moderator: Moderators

tokumaru

Difficulty logging in while using 4G

Post by tokumaru »

I've been having a really hard time logging in while on 4G... I keep receiving a message saying "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.", and after several tries sometimes it works, but if I try to post I get logged out again and the whole thing starts over. Is anyone else experiencing the same or knows what's going on?
Joe

Re: Difficulty logging in while using 4G

Post by Joe »

Does your IP address periodically change while you're using 4G? You might be hitting a security feature that wants your IP address to stay the same.
never-obsolete

Post by never-obsolete »

I haven't had problems logging in, but I was repeatedly logged out while trying to post a reply from my phone while on 4G/5G. I eventually just posted from my computer.
. That's just like, your opinion, man .
brizzo
Site Admin

Post by brizzo »

Ah yes, a legacy feature of phpBB. I have disabled binding your cookie session to ip address, should resolve the issue. Let me know it is persists :)
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

Joe wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:23 pmDoes your IP address periodically change while you're using 4G? You might be hitting a security feature that wants your IP address to stay the same.
My IP address probably does change if I'm moving around, but even just standing on the same place for an extended period and trying to start a new NESDev session keeps failing.
brizzo wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:01 pmAh yes, a legacy feature of phpBB. I have disabled binding your cookie session to ip address, should resolve the issue. Let me know it is persists :)
Cool, thanks!
calima

Post by calima »

I haven't had any issues and I'm on a 4G connection, but it's a home connection where the IP does not change often.
brizzo
Site Admin

Post by brizzo »

Has the logout issue been resolved? :mrgreen:
tokumaru

Post by tokumaru »

I haven't noticed any problems anymore! Thanks for looking into it!